1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tranferring VHS to Dvd

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by chewbkka, Nov 14, 2006.

1. RippDogg

RippDogg Regular member

Mairambia, not trying to sell something, are ya?

2. moonrocks

moonrocks Regular member

There are lots of USB capture devices which capture straight to mpeg2. Dazzle, DVD Xpress DX2, etc. Some of them, like the Hauppauge model, are very good.

http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/products/data_pvrusb2.html

BTW, DV-AVI captures to about 13 GB per hour.

3. chewbkka

chewbkka Regular member

badrab, I also bought a magnovov recorder and ended doing my camcorder tapes over to dvd in about three hours. also I put them on a dvd rw then copy them onto a dvd r+ . the only thing I have a question is that how you label the dvd in the recorder.

4. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

5. BadRadBR

BadRadBR Member

Another problem. Editing chapters, either adding or deleting, only seems to have an effect when playing back on the Magnavox unit. After recording to DVD I added some chapters with 'edit' mode, then finalized. But when I played the DVD on someone elses DVD player the chapters I added were gone. The only time I can see the chapters I added are if I play back on my Magnavox recorder. I also tried the automatic chapter feature placing a chapter mark every five minutes. I then edited them and deleted every other chapter. After finalizing, I played the DVD in the Magnavox unit and the deleted chapters were gone. But when I play the DVD in someone elses DVD player the deleted chapters are back again! What's up with that? Anyone else notice this?

6. welsermb

welsermb Member

I have a Magnavox mwr20v6. How do I record part of a vhs to a dvd, pause the recording, and record part of another vhs onto the same dvd, recording where the dvd left off?

7. techstyle

techstyle Member

you may want to check out the VXC-3000II. It is a device that will clean any unwanted signals that may be hiding themselves within the video signal and causing interference.

8. 3wire

3wire Member

yes , goes between another vcr for playing and the e1/e2 ports. look a uni t named "copythis!". adjust about midway for signal, do it to it!!!! itworks.//.

9. 3wire

3wire Member

i write once with recorder from vhs to dvd+REWRITEABLE DISC.

then take dvd=rw to nero remake dvd, recode, IFF, you arent satisfied with video. saves discs, and it takes time to run movie, and recode time is maybe 35 minutes+- not 7 hrs.. i have pinnacle 9 but dont use for that. if nero gives read errors for .vob files, use dvddecrypter, it WILL work. then make it like you want it..

10. retexan

retexan Member

To incrementally add with the Magnavox mwr20v6, I found that when I hit the Stop button on the remote, the DVD goes to "Writing to the disc". Then I can switch to VCR, stop and remove the tape, insert a new tape and start the dub process again. When that one is finished, the DVD will again ;do "Writing to disc" and will create a new "Title" with the 2nd dubbing, and so on. This works for me because, after finalizing, I am importing the .vob files into my computer for further editing.

11. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

will adobe premiere work to transfer from vhs to dvd via tv tunner?

or is another program for it better?

or the one that comes with?

p.s mine didn't come with adobe premiere

ALSO:
    i am converting pal VHS and want it to ntsc DVD so would i have to get a pal card or ntsc card (pci tv tunner).

and does dvd have region lock of pal or ntsc?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2007
  12. moonrocks

moonrocks Regular member

I've never used Adobe Premiere, so I can't help you on that. There's lots of different capture cards and software to choose from to capture VHS to your PC.

If you have a PAL VHS you'd want to capture it to your PC as PAL and then encode it to NTSC afterwards. Most capture cards should be able to capture PAL but if you're living in an NTSC country just check the specs on the card first to be sure.

The region code of the DVD is a different thing than the video format (PAL or NTSC). You can use DVDShrink to make the DVD region free.