1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transcoding problems in NeroEssentials

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Alisa77, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Alisa77

Alisa77 Member

I have this weird problem with Nero (I am using NeroEssentials that came with my DVD burner but I had it even with Nero 7 before).

I downloaded several episodes of the same show from the same site. 3 episodes burned just great; however, others - when I started the transcoding process - had stupid lines accross them. The lines are bright red, yellow, and blue! I have no idea what this means - but now I have a bunch of movies that I can't burn because of this transcoding problem. I am so frustrated!!! Could anyone HELP, please!

Another problem I started having with NeroEssentials that I didn't have with Nero 7 is that - my videos hardly fit on one 4.7GB DVD. The thing is that the .avi file is about 700MB but when I import it to Nero it becomes 2 or more GB! Can anyone explain why this happens and how to change that?

I GREATLY appreciate any help! Thanks!

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

meaning the download of these files or the files themselves are corrupt. Or I would try another program to convert the files to DVD compliant.... try VSO's ConvertXToDVD.

from my understanding, it's the bitrate that will determine how large the conversion of the AVI file will become. changing the bitrate might make a difference in the size of the file.

3. Alisa77

Alisa77 Member

Thank you so much for the suggestions!

I am going to try it - hopefully, it will work. :0)

If I could ask for one more favor:
    Could you explain how to change the bitrate?

THANK YOU!

4. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I'm sorry...... that's a question for others to answer...... try starting a new thread and find out!