1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

transcoding with vision express

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by MARCUS85, May 3, 2005.

1. MARCUS85

MARCUS85 Guest

hi,ive been trying to transcode avi movies in vision express but when i use the menu/add video files nero tells me that the files im using are not video files? also all movie files on my hard drive have become showtime files..please could anyone help me with this..thanks very much in advance!!!

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Your Best bet would be to "NOT" use "Vision Express" to encode your Files to Mpeg-2/DVD because it is well known for being Both buggy and the Quality is not very good compared to other "Real" encoders...

You will see a Thread in this Forum about Transcodeing problems with Vision Express and you will see that over 400 poeple have Posted simular Problems to yours without any Solution....

Maybe if your Files were allready in the Correct format in the First Place and if Vision Express didn"t have to encode your Files then maybe you wouldn"t have this Problem, so maybe Try useing Tmpgenc to encode your AVI files to Mpeg-2/DVD first , Then use Vision express to add menu"s and Chapters and author the DVD.....

Cheers

3. MARCUS85

MARCUS85 Guest

thanks very much for your help.just wondering! would using these tools possibly speed up the process at all? with nero vision express 1 hr'40 mins avi files were taking anything up to 20 hours??to makea dvd.

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Hi, Yes it could Possibly Speed up the Process as it should never take 20 hours to make a DVD unless your PC is Super slow Like under 1.5ghz...

Tmpgenc isn"t the fastest encoder but the quality is very good...If you want to try a Faster encoder then maybe try the "MainConcept Encoder" which on my PC can encode an 2 Hour AVI file in about 1.5 hours and the DVD Authoring only takes about another 30 Minutes...

Cheers

5. MARCUS85

MARCUS85 Guest

oops!! im only running a 800mhz? duron.. think i better start upgrading big time!!!! thanks for the very helpfull info though..atb

6. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well a 800mhz PC is Far to slow for doing any sort of Video Work and it explains why it takes 20 hours to encode a Movie.....

You could Upgrade your PC to a 2.0ghz to 3.0ghz PC for about $150 if you did the Upgrade yourself which is Pretty easy if you Know anything about Computers.....

Right now you can get a New Motherboard with an Athlon XP 2900+ CPU for $99 US and 512mb of PC3200 DDR Ram for $29 which means you could upgrade your Lowly 800mhz to a Athlon XP 2900+ with 512mb of DDR ram for about $130...

Check it out here:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...etails.asp?EdpNo=1166612&Sku=MBM-7NJL6-XP2900

Or Here:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1197962&Sku=MBM-KV7V-2900

Cheers

7. MARCUS85

MARCUS85 Guest

the mainconcept encoder that you mentioned, i looked at their site and kinda got confusedas to which encoder you mean!