1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfer 8mm to digital

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by vhouc, Mar 18, 2005.

1. vhouc

vhouc Member

Is there anyone knows how to do this?
    I need to transfer 8mm tape using a sony camcorder that has a rfu adapter connector. The cable looks coax to me and looks like the one we use for satellite cable.

I think i will be needing another converter box for an analog to digital that i can connect to a dvd recorder.

if yes, which one should I get?

2. oracle

oracle Member

01. I don't know what the "rfu" adapter stands for. Any way for analog camcorders the choises are: (a) rca, (b) composite video, (c) scart connectors e.t.c.
    02. You must lead the audio and video signals into your pc using a digital to analog adapter. Your choises are restricted only from the money to spend.
    03. There is a case that your model uses very old techniques such as rf signal out put which means that you have to use a tuner first to capture the transmited by the camcorder frequency such as a tv tuner card.

3. vhouc

vhouc Member

hey oracle thank you, i think i am giving up this one - i will go buy the vhs cartridge where you can put the 8mm tape on it and can play it on the vhs. then probably use my vhs - dvd recorder and transfer the video that way. man it's just a pain.