1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfer Data From Ipod to PC

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by mviesca, Jun 12, 2007.

1. mviesca

mviesca Member

hello my computer froze so i had to completely reboot it. So i lost the itunes library and everything.....so now all my pictures,videos, and music is on my ipod...how do i transfer that back to my pc without paying money for a program...??

2. vtowner

vtowner Regular member

All you have to do is plug in your iPod, click on the iPod in explorer, and go to Tools>Folder Options>View> and check Show hidden files and folders.

There should now be a folder called ipod_control. Copy that folder to your hard drive.

The files will be named something weird like YZMK.m4v . Don't worry about this, they will be recognizable later.

Go into iTunes and go to File>Add folder to library. Add the folder you just copied to your hard drive. In iTunes all the files should have their regular name again. There ya go :)

3. mviesca

mviesca Member

what if everything in the ipod control folder is like faded and its not a bold color..like if ur not supposed to click on it?
    but i still can click on it but im not sure if it works because the folder has a faded color ..its not like the rest

4. mviesca

mviesca Member

o wait it worked..thanks!!
    if i restart my ipod and load it with all the songs on my library(which came from my ipod) would the pictures and videos and contact be erased too? because since i rebooted my computer the new itunes that i downloaded isn't in sync with my ipod cuz i dont want to delete all the data on there until i get it back onto my computer...so any answers?

5. vtowner

vtowner Regular member

I think the question you're asking is will it sync everything from your library to your iPod. If that's the question then no as long as you have your iPod set to not sync with your library.