1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfer Fails with FlashFxp

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by NoMustard, Sep 16, 2007.

1. NoMustard

NoMustard Guest

Hi, I am trying to movie some video files from my laptop over to my xbox but when i put some of the movies in the que they wont transfer over. can anyone help me out ?

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Bad cables?

Can you transfer small files?

3. NoMustard

NoMustard Guest

The only cables i am using are Ethernet cables for the internet not sure if that helps the cable question. I set up a network from the Ftp Networking Questions thread I found on this site. I was able to move Even Almighty Avi file thats 715mb but couldnt move Meet the Robinson's Avi that was 699mb thats one example let me know if ya need more info thx for the help.

4. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Have you got enough space on the drive?

It's also easier to leave the avi files on your PC HDD and stream them across the network from XBMC...

5. NoMustard

NoMustard Guest

Yes I have plenty of space on the drive its just some movies will xfer while others wont and I cant figure it out. Flashfxp only gives a transfer failed msg and a red x is next to the movie in the que. The thing about me moving the movies over to the xbox is that it makes it eaiser for my gf to just turn on the xbox and watch them when I am not around thats a big reason I wanted to move the files over.So if you have any more ideas toss them my way.
    I have seen allot of talk about streaming movies I even tried to make it work on my 360 but couldn't figure it out I have a media center pc so if there are any guides for that i would love to go over them. The FTP setup guide really helped me out as Ive never done anything like that. Again thx a ton for the help

6. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Main things to check for are long or strange file names, it also can't hurt to try a different FTP client, even a different version!

I use the library function of XBMC and even my girlfriend can get that one going...