1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfer games between Xboxes?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Games' started by stimp, Aug 5, 2008.

1. stimp

stimp Member

Buddie has some games on his hard drive that I want. Whats the easiest way of doing this? what files would I save to ftp game to computer drive then ftp to mine?

2. bandit008

bandit008 Regular member

easiest way would be to FTP to his xbox then use the same pc to ftp into your xbox.

As for the files, whenever you save a xbox game in your xbox it creats a folder containing all the files found on the dvd game...all you got to do is drag and drop the folder to the pc then drag n drop the folder into the right directory (location) in your xbox.

3. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

NOPE The easiest way would be either to use avalaunch or xbmc and use the xbox to xbox feature.

In avalaunch you go to the file manager go to one of the sides (i go to the right side). Press the start button and select connect to remote. If both xbox's are running connected via dhcp then it should be listed in that list. Then if you did it like i do the left side would be your xbox hdd and the right side would be the other xbox's hdd.

If you wanted to transfer a game from the connected box to your xbox browse to the games folder on your hdd window. On the other window go into the games folder, scroll over the folder of the game (example: Halo 2) and press the x button. You'll see that there is now something below the two windows. press over to get to that window then press the start button then transfer que.

XBMC is pretty much the same way but it will autodetect and ask you if you want to connect. I haven't used it to transfer files but i'm sure it is pretty much the same way.

If you get confused i'll post pictures for you.
    Let me know

4. Cricket10

Cricket10 Member

I tried this very thing just last night using XBMC autoconnect feature. I transferred over Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects that I had backed up on Box1 to Box2. It took 2+ hours, and when done, a few of the files wouldn't transfer. I tried manually cpoying the files, but no go.

I would recommend Xbox1 to PC, PC to Xbox2. Had no troubles with this method.

Any ideas?

5. steimy

steimy Active member

Do you have the back up disc? If so you can skip the FTP from xbox 1 to PC and just rip the files from the disc to the PC since you PC can read a bock up disc.
    Then just use Craxtion or Qwix to FTP the game to the second Xbox.

6. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

I always use avalaunch to transfer games to a new modded xbox it takes about 8-12 mins per game. If it's taking you more then that to tranfer from xbox to xbox you have a serious network problem. Try plugging both of them into a switch without an internet connection and see how fast they go that way. I transfer about 200 gigs in like 6-8 hours.

I've gone over to peoples houses with my main xbox and a switch and it took maybe 10 mins to transfer the 4 gigs of n64 games over.

Transfering with a computer will take a lot longer unless you use the filebooster program.