1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfer Skins from CD

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by ThrowDown, Jan 16, 2005.

1. ThrowDown

ThrowDown Member

I have no idea how to FTP granted i have used the guide but i have never opened up my xbox to see how to connect it with a cable and all that, i was wondering i have all the xbox skins on my HD is there anyway to transfer them from cd to my xbox, I have Evox with a 100g HD installed thanx.

2. BLADEPRO

BLADEPRO Member

the only way is to ftp.I was in the same position as you about a week ago, no cable, no knowledge of ftp.
    now, I am also changing the skins,ripping games, etc.Its not the difficult to ftp-this website is where I learned.There are a lot of talented people on this site sharing their knowledge- use that to your advantage.by the way-you dont have to "open up" your xbox to ftp-

3. jonbtrini

jonbtrini Regular member

Glad you learned how to FTP BLADEPRO, but you are incorrect in telling ThrowDown that he cannot transfer files with a cd/dvd. ThrowDown you can transfer any files you want to your xbox through a cd or dvd by using a program called DVD2XBOX, I don't know if you have it or not, but it is readily available at the usual places, or PM me with your email or IM name and i'll send you the file. But BLADEPRO is correct that FTP is not at all difficult in the least bit. All you need is an $8 ethernet cable from EB Games or your local electronics store and a router. If you don't have a router, you can use a crossover cable, such as the xbox system link cable, to connect directly to your computer's ethernet port.

4. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

jonbtrini is right:) listen to da man:)
    complex tools file manager prog for xbox, will also do it, but dvd2xbox is good too.
    bear in mind, if youre using cdr, the only real way to get it to read on an xbox is with a xbox samsung dvd drive, dont even try a thompson, hitachi/lg, philips. (unless youre format is cdrw)

5. ThrowDown

ThrowDown Member

I have DVD2XBOX on my xbox HD, but i really would like to know how to hook it up to my cpu, can i just by a system link cable and connect it to my ethernet drive and access it that way, any help would be great and thanks for the response. If all i need is the system link cable, hook it from xbox to my pc ethernet port and just let me know what program to use to access it, i should be able to do it no problem

6. jonbtrini

jonbtrini Regular member

Get the system link or a regular crossover cable, hook one end up to your xbox and the other to your computer's ethernet port. Get an FTP program such as FlashFXP, SmartFTP or CuteFTP. Personally, I use FlashFXP, but they're basically all the same for all intensive purposes. Then, open up your FTP program, input the IP Address of your xbox (found under the "Settings" menu) and type "xbox" as the username and "xbox" as the password to connect to your xbox and you should see the folders appear!

7. ThrowDown

ThrowDown Member

Now do i have to go into my internet settings and stuff, or do i just hook up xbox connect to cpu then open up FlashFXP or whatever and enter my xbox ip and thats it, it should connect. Or is there another step.
    If anyone wants to email me, its insaneilluzion@tampabay.rrc.om

8. jonbtrini

jonbtrini Regular member

THAT'S IT! By George, I think he's got it!

9. ThrowDown

ThrowDown Member

Thanks for all the help im gonna go to the store this weekend and get me a system link cabel and try it out, i will let use know how it works out. Thanx for all the help.

10. BLADEPRO

BLADEPRO Member

your righy jonbtrini-(dvd2xbx) sorry about that, I feel silly,
    about giving out wrong info on this site, what can I say,I am still a "newbie" as they say- I'll make sure I am 100% sure next time-

11. jonbtrini

jonbtrini Regular member

No problem Blade, hey we're all newbies at one point! At least you tried to give him advice, which is more than i can say about some of the more "knowledgeable" people on here would do...keep up the good work!

12. ThrowDown

ThrowDown Member

Thanks for all the help guys, I got it figured out and i have transfered my skins and succesfully < if thats how u spell it> made a backup of one of my HD games to DVD, thanks for all the help