1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

transfering audio cassetts tracks to mp3 files

Discussion in 'Audio' started by rale0n, Sep 1, 2004.

1. rale0n

rale0n Member

How do you transfer audio from cassetts to mp3 computer files ?

2. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

You have to have a cassete desk to transfer the casettes to your computer. Otherwise, take it to your local computer store or computer shop and they might be able to put it on a CD for you and then you can convert those files to MP3 format. Anyway, if you are able to get the files on your computer, post on the forum and I will help you find a converter.

3. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

I just remembered that you can also run the files in through your sound card into an audio application, save them as either 16/44.1 WAV files & burn as Audio CD. A great program for this is Kristal. You can download it here:

Kristal Audio Engine
    http://kristal.kreatives.org/index.php?section=news

If this doesn't work, I can help you find another program.

Hope this helps!

4. rale0n

rale0n Member

I have a cassette player conneceted to my computer into the line-in of my sound card. I am running Windows XP, what do I do to start the transfer? Does Windows XP have built into its operating system the software to do this; or do I need addional software?

5. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

6. rale0n

rale0n Member

Thank you, nick2005;

All of the information you shared is perfect!
    I will be using these techniques to accomplish my objective of transfering audio cassettes tracks to mp3 files.

Let the Light of Illumination be around you, and Let your own Knowledge and Abilities increase as you continue to help Others out of darkness. Thanks

raleon@ispez.net

7. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

I'm glad that I could help. But, I would recommend removing your e-mail from the forum as it is against forum rules.

8. pirate01

pirate01 Guest

hi .raleON
    you can use software called steinberg clean 4.0.its so easy to use good thing about this software u can also edit the tracks or if the tracks are damaged u can change the unwanted background sound anything like that.when u convert them afters like original cd quality.u need to cassette player conneceted to your computer into the line-in of your sound card . i hope this help s .i have the software if you want

9. dnd4evr

dnd4evr Member

I just looked at the software link. Didn't know this sort of thing was available free. The only drawback for me is it needs a "State of the art" PC. I am using an old K6-3 system to convert my old tapes.

I have been using Audio Cleaning Lab 2004 (CompUSA had a sale, FREE after rebate). So far it has done a great job even on this older system. There are limits though and it does not recommend burning faster than 1X on my system with their software (that one still baffles me). Also, realtime playback with multiple "special" effects enabled could get choppy on older systems as well, but playback with multiple audio cleaning effects enabled hasn't been a problem. Here is a link.

http://site.magix.net/index.php?id=411