1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

transfering everything on a hard drive to a bigger one

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by vt57, Jan 5, 2006.

1. vt57

vt57 Member

Hi, my harddrive in my computer is getting low about a gig left. How do I move all files onto my new hard drive because I dont want to reinstall everything . What i mean all is including the windows, everything that;s on the harddrive. And then how do i do it? Please give me some software suggestions. Thank you

2. ozzymary

ozzymary Guest

ok you have 2 options 1> putting new hard drive in as additional storage or 2>new boot drive . what type of new hard drive is it??????? if it is a maxtor that would be a good choice . because it comes with maxblast 4 >>>>>>> a very good program.get back to me with more info......

3. rundata

rundata Guest

Lol all you have to do, is put the hard drive in, boot windows go to my computer open the c drive, open another my computer and go to the new hard drive, click and drag all the folders from the one window of the old drive to the new drive. However! if you wish to boot from this new hard drive then you will have to install windows on it first, or you could use need norton ghost. or something like that

4. ashroy01

ashroy01 Regular member

What's the size of the old, and the size of the new?

5. vt57

vt57 Member

I using this drive for my school so adding a second drive is impossible for me because my hard drive is being used on a caddy which i can carry it anywhere i want. Ill try norton ghost to duplicate my harddrive onto an bigger one.