1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfering files via ftp?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Xenmordoc, Feb 3, 2005.

1. Xenmordoc

Xenmordoc Member

Hello, I've recently had my xbox modded, a friend was kind enough to do it for me. He also put emulators on it as well as a few roms. To get to the point I want to put more roms on it yet cannot for the life of me do it. The xbox has evox on it. I have a wireless network thing going on, where cable is connected to modem and then to router and then to both xbox and computer. I've typed in the whole ftp://xbox:xbox@xxx.xxx.x.x thing in explorer yet it's not connecting, nothing is happening... it just times out or something. I've checked to see if xbox is user and pass, and it is. I've also checked the ip stuff, it's not static, it's dhcp or something like that. I'm sure I'm doing something really stupid, though I appreciate any help.

2. mdsup

mdsup Guest

you need an ftp client...and you also need to use the correct ip address...you can try flashfxp it is a free trial...or you can use smartftp, i think it is free

3. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

ftp://xbox:xbox@xxx.xxx.x.x is perfectly OK. I am using it everytime I need to FTP to my xbox. Just to make sure you have the right IP address of your xbox. THe ip address is displayed on the main evox screen if you select a skin that shows it.

4. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

you could always get a crossover cable for $7 shipped or somethin, from cat5cableguy.com or some other reputable place and then
    try a setup of
    192.168.0.1 (on xbox)
    and (use flashfxp most popular, and works very well)
    on pc use:
    and in flash fxp use
    user xbox
    pass xbox
    make sure firewalls are either configured or closed.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2005