1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfering games from pc to xbox help ???? SOME1 Help????

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by matt87, Oct 29, 2005.

1. tonybox

tonybox Member

I tried autodetect and it still doesn't work. As far as flash xp, I followed the tutorial and it didn't work, however once I tried to ping the xbox and it didn;t work I gave up on flashxp and have been trying to fix the network problem.

2. tonybox

tonybox Member

I read somewhere that this could happen because I dont have a cracked bios. Is a cracked bios needed to ftp? If so what do I have to do?

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@szy If you want to place the game on your hard drive then you need to extract the xISO into a game folder with a program like Quix and then FTP the game folder over to your hard drive. Thats if you want to play it off the hard drive. If you just want to play it on the disc then insert the disc and play.

Get Quix here: http://www.teamavalaunch.com/qwix/

@tonybox You need to have your Xbox either hard modded(MODCHIP) or softmodded(Game Exploit) to FTP to your Xbox. Using a dashboard other then NS Dashboard like EvoX or UnleashX etc.

4. tonybox

tonybox Member

I have the xbox softmoded using Krayzie's Ndure Installer and am using evox dash. Can't figure out why I can't network xbox to pc.

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Give me the settings that you put into the Xbox and computer network settings. Make sure you copy them just as you have them in the settings.

6. tonybox

tonybox Member

I think I got it, I had the default gateway 192.168.0.1 on xbox and 192.168.1.1 on pc. I don't know how I did'nt notice this before, as I've gone over these settings for days. Thanks for the help, i'll try flashxp now and see how it goes, hopefully it will work since I can now ping the xbox from my pc.

7. tonybox

tonybox Member

okay, i got ftp to finally work and now I would like to change my dash to avalaunch. I downloaded it from the usual place and have went to av avalaunch's website to read the install instructions. I have a launch xbox and i'm concerned sbout this message

"be very careful! If you are using a much older BIOS, and you incorrectly rename your avalaunch.xbe, your xbox will not boot. If you have any doubts, open your BIOS with XBTool and check the boot order, so you know what to name it. You have been warned. If you have any doubts, flash your BIOS to 4981 before doing this, and it WILL work fine--"

I'm assuming this would pertain to me as I would probably have an old bios version. my question is how to I go about flashing my bios to 4981 on a softmoded xbox?

8. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Im just wondering why you wanna change to Avalaunch.

as of doing what you want I duno cause iv never really done it I just used crazyies insatller and installed UnleashX cause thats what iv always used. Except for EvoX which I had first then just insatlled the UnleashX with the softmod installer.

9. tonybox

tonybox Member

From what I have read avalaunch is supposed to be the best dash. I'm using evox and it doesn't seem bad, but avalaunch seems to have a better Graphical interface and more options such as a file manager which evox doesnt have. How do you like unleashx?

10. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I like UnleashX alot and most are going to it. easy to get to the file manager and easy to set up how you want diffrent options to work.

11. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

having an old xbox(1.0 version) has no bearing on what bios is loaded. It depends on what bios the softmod installer loads.

If you want it to boot into the Avalaunch dash, all you need to do is FTP the Avalaunch dash files(extract 1st if it's compressed)into your C partition. Rename the .xbe file for Avalaunch to evoxdash.xbe and rename the evoxdash.xbe to something like oldevoxdash.xbe or something similar. It will then start up Avalaunch instead of Evox.
    Or you can create a folder in the Apps folder on E:/ and name it Avalaunch, FTP your dash files into that folder and it should be selectable within Evox in your apps button.

12. tonybox

tonybox Member

Thanks for the help....Do you use avaluanch ot unleashx. I am currently using evox and while it's not horrible I would prefer to have some more capabilities and better UI. I mainly use for gaming, but would like to try loading some audio. Any advise on what's best for my use. Thanks again

13. larrylje

larrylje Active member

A good dash for games and audio is XBMX (Xbox Media Center) You can use it as a dash or an aplication.

You can get more information at the link below.
    http://www.xboxmediacenter.de/

I use UnleashX as my dash. But I use XBMC as an aplication. I use it to FTP to my computer and play TV shows I recored with my TV tunner card and other media and audio files.

14. XBoxer13

XBoxer13 Member

Hi People,

Interesting thread, been having the same problem.
    I've got about 4 games I want to send to my xbox thru a crosslink.
    I've got all the IP Addresses right,

Xbox,
    ip 192.168.1.2
    Subnet mask 255.255.255.0
    gateway 192.168.1.1

PC
    ip 192.168.1.3
    subnet 255.255.255.0
    gateway 192.168.1.1

I do not know where I can put a password and username.
    I use Smart FTP and C Xbox Tool but none of them can make connection with the Xbox. I get the message"Timeout" Or Server did not respond.

Can some one help me with this problem?

15. tonybox

tonybox Member

larrylje,
    Thanks for the advise. I decided to switch to unleashx and would like to do what you did with using unleashx as the dash and xbmc as an application. I have the xbmc files and was wondering if you knew of a tutorial or could give me the instructions to do what you did. Sorry, but I didin't see a tutorial or readme file.Thanks again!

16. larrylje

larrylje Active member

It sounds like you got UnleashX installed as a dashboard.

Now if you have the folder with the XBMC files in it then FTP that folder over to your aplication folder on the Xbox hard drive. I think my Aplication folder was in my E: folder.

But once you find the Application folder and transfer the folder/files of XBMC over into it then you can use it.

Restart your Xbox and go to the Aplications list on the UnleashX dashboard and XBMC should be listed.

Then you can either FTP the Audio/Video files to your Xbox hard drive or do what I do and stream them from your computer to your Xbox which you can do this by enabling the file sharing for the folder you have the Audio/Video files in on your computer.

XBMC now will network to your computer where you can choose the files you want to play and watch off the computer.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2005
  17. tonybox

tonybox Member

okay great, I was getting confused because I found a couple of vagued tutorials that say you have to edit the XboxMediaCenter.xml file and enter the ip address for the xbox to be able to use it. I guess this is not necessary?

18. larrylje

larrylje Active member

It should either get the IP(network settings) from UnleashX or you might have to go to the network settings in XBMC and add the IP address(network settings) in there. Just use the information thats on your network settings on UnleashX settings. It should be the same settings.

19. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Ok I just checked mine out and if you go to the network settings in XBMC you have the choice to use the (default dashboard) network settings or use DHCP or use static IP settings. So you should just set it to use the (default dashboard) setting and you should have no problems.

20. tonybox

tonybox Member

Thank you so much, you have been extremely helpful!! I have downloaded a new skinf or unleashx. How do I install this. What folder would it go in. Also, to change the skin for xbmc would it be the same exact procedure?