1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfering games from pc to xbox help ???? SOME1 Help????

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by matt87, Oct 29, 2005.

1. larrylje

larrylje Active member

There should be a folder on your Xbox hard drive named SKINS thats where you place the skin at. If you have had more then 1 dashboard on your computer then you could have more then 1 skin folder you just need to add the Skin to the Skin folder till it shows up in the skin list on your dashboard settings.

I have Evox and UnleashX installed on my hard drive and they both have diffrent Skin folders. So like I said its possible you might need to find out what is the right skin folder if you have had both installed on before.

Once you add it to the folder then go to settings and then Skins on the UnleashX dashboard and if you placed it in the right folder it will show up in the Skins list.

You can also search and find skins and update the dashboard if you have your dashboard set up to get on the internet. That way you can just choose what skin you want and it will automaticly add it to your skin folder. You can choose to sample the Skin before you even actully download it to your folder.

As of the XBMC. The skin folder would be in the Apllication folder under the XBMC folder. Place the skin in that folder and then go to settings/skin and choose the skin in the XBMC settings that way.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2005
  2. tonybox

tonybox Member

I have a bit of a problem. I put the xbmc folder and media player folder in the application folder in e:. When I go into the xbox's file manager I can view both folders and the filed contained within, however when I go into the applications menu it only list text editor. what am i doing wrong??

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

So your saying you put the aplication folders in the Apps folder on e: and when you go to UnleashX and choose applications it dosent show it in the list?

You did restart your Xbox after sending them to your Apps folder right? cause you need to restart for you to see them in the list.

4. tonybox

tonybox Member

yeah, I restarted but it just shows text editor...

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

tou might need to open the Config.xml and make sure that for the location of the Apps are correct.

You can open the Config.xml by FTPing the file to your computer and open it with wrodpad and then edit it that way.

Example:

<Menu>
    <Item Action="LaunchDVD">Launch DVD</Item>
    <List Text="Games" Sort="On" Auto="On">
    <Path>E:\Games</Path>
    <Path>F:\Games</Path>
    <Path>G:\Games</Path>
    <Path>E:\HDDLoader</Path>
    <Path>F:\HDDLoader</Path>
    <Path>G:\HDDLoader</Path>
    </List>
    <List Text="Applications" Sort="On" Auto="On">
    <Path>E:\Apps</Path>
    <Path>F:\Apps</Path>
    <Path>G:\Apps</Path>
    <Item Action="TextEditor">Text Editor</Item>
    </List>
    this shows the path to your game folder and games as well as the path of the aplications your using.

My Aps are in the E: folder so the path would be <Path>E:\Apps</Path>

so make sure you have the correct path to your Apps folder listed in the Config.xml file.

Once you edit it or add the path save the file and then FTP it back to your Xbox replacing the updated Config.xml file with the old 1.

6. tonybox

tonybox Member

my file looks very different than yours. I found no reference to application at all. I believe the section of the file you copied is closest to this in mine:

<myprograms>
    <default>Q:\shortcuts</default>
    <bookmark>
    <name>C Drive</name>
    <path>C:\</path>
    <depth>1</depth>
    </bookmark>
    <bookmark>
    <name>E Drive</name>
    <path>E:\</path>
    <depth>1</depth>
    </bookmark>
    <bookmark>
    <name>F drive</name>
    <path>F:\</path>
    <depth>1</depth>
    </bookmark>
    <bookmark>
    <name>G drive</name>
    <path>G:\</path>
    <depth>1</depth>
    </bookmark>
    <bookmark>
    <name>DVD-ROM</name>
    <path>D:\</path>
    <depth>1</depth>
    </bookmark>
    </myprograms>

Is this where I would edit the file?

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

It would be easier if i was there and could see it lol

It seems to me that somehow the Applications are not being linked to your dash correctly. I would figure it would be an error in the Config.XML file or an error in the ITEM.XML file on how they are linking to the dashboard.

You said you installed a new dashboard right? Are you sure there isnt 2 diffrent Application folders? I know when I installed my new softmod it made a new Emulator folder So I had to transfer my Emulators to the new folder to get them to link right. Maybe it made a new Aplication folder and your placing the XBMC in the worng Application folder.

see if you have like a folder called Applications and maybe a folder named Apps. My Application folder is on my E: and says Apps

If you go to your aplications on the UnleashX and it shows a text editior there then its possible you have a secind Apps folder with nothing in it and just dont realize it. Or your Config.xml or your Item.xml has the wrong path typed in going to the Application folder.

So if you find a secind Apps folder then move the content on the one Apps folder into the second folder.

Example:

Lets say this is your config.xml

<List Text="Applications" Sort="On" Auto="On">
    <Path>E:\Apps</Path>
    <Path>F:\Apps</Path>
    <Path>G:\Apps</Path>
    <Item Action="TextEditor">Text Editor</Item>

Now if your Application folder is named (Applications) it wont show your applications you have cause instead of it saying <Path>E:\Apps</Path> it would need to say <Path>E:\Applications</Path> to link the Application folder right.

My Application folder is named Apps so it links with the path as <Path>E:\Apps</Path>

Last edited: Nov 5, 2005
  8. tonybox

tonybox Member

okay, I looked in every folder and definitely no applications folder ony the one apps folder in e: just like you have. Is it possible I could get a copy of your Config.xml or and/your Item.xml since I no idea how to edit them to get them to work. I guess this has got to be the problem since there is no other apps or applications folder.

9. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I sent you a private message

10. warhawk1

warhawk1 Guest

im having the same problem... I am giving you what it says on my screen:

Current IP: 192.168.0.7
    Enable : YES
    Type: Static
    IP Address: 192.168.0.7
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Gateway: 4.180.72.183
    DNS 1: 209.244.0.3
    DNS 2: 209.244.0.4

This is what my computer says for the same connection, running through a NIC card:

Autoconfiguration IP Address: 169.254.120.153
    Subnet mask: 255.255.0.0

VERy different to me, and i run on dial-up so i cant find a permenant IP address for this computer...

Any help, im running on UnleashX

11. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@warhawk1

your settings are all screwed up. Are you going threw a router or are you conecting stright from your Xbox to your computer with a crossover cable?

I am asuming your trying to FTP to your Xbox

12. warhawk1

warhawk1 Guest

straight through with crossover

13. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Set the Xbox to Static IP and put the folowing settings below.

Xbox
    IP Address: 192.168.0.3
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Gateway: 192.168.0.1
    DNS 1: 0.0.0.0 (no need for DNS)
    DNS 2: 0.0.0.0 (no need for DNS)

Now for the NIC setting for your computer. Start/Control panel/network conections/gouble click on local area conection.

Now a new window comec up. Click on the properties button towrds the bottem of the window. Double click "Internet protocol TCP/IP". Now enable "use folowing IP address" by clicking on the radiel dial circle and put the below information in it.

IP Address: 192.168.0.2
    Subnet mask: 255.255.0.0
    Gateway: 192.168.0.1
    Dont worry about the DNS setting cause you wont use it.

Now open up FlashFXP or whatever FTP program you use and for the server name/IP type in 192.168.0.3(xbox IP) and for user name(xbox)and password(xbox) xbox is uasly the user name and password when FTPing.

14. warhawk1

warhawk1 Guest

Thanks! One last question, how will i still be able to use Action Replay?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2005
  15. larrylje

larrylje Active member

use action reply for what?

16. warhawk1

warhawk1 Guest

i dont know -- just to use it... One more question, is there a topic anywhere on how to copy a game to your xbox? ive searched everywere, but i cant find anything. Im wanting to mod halo 2 maps but i was told to do that, i had to copy my games to my hard drive. Any help?

17. larrylje

larrylje Active member

There are so many threads about how to copy and curn Xbox games both on DVD and Hard drive. Search for them.

I mean you dont even have to search. Go to the main page of the Xbox forum and there are 2 topics pinned at the top that tells you how to do it.

18. james38

james38 Guest

larrylje can you help me plz im not goin to bug u i just wanna see if u no the problem- ive already downloaded games put them onto my xbox everything was working perfect but about 3 days ago the internet connection icon thing wernt there (to change the ip address,defoult gateway and the subnet mask)and i ain't been able to get it back do you no?

19. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@james38

The internet connection icon wasnt on what? You need to explain better what it isnt doing and what you are wanting it to do.

20. james38

james38 Guest

when you change the ip address for the xbox just as you go on (VIEW INTERNET CONNECTIONS)its blank but normally there is a icon there so u can go on properties and change the ip address do u no what im on about