1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfering photos from Motorola v220 to PC

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by ricardow, Jan 12, 2005.

1. ricardow

ricardow Guest

Hi, I just got a Motorola v220.
    I downloaded the Mobile Phone Tools and updated it to 3.19e1 version, as I read in another thread here.
    It was helpfull with my phonebook, but i couldn't find a way of tranfering the photos I took with my cel phone to my computer.
    Can you help Me ?
    Thanks

2. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

can you not access the multimedia tab? That's where you go in the program to transfer audio and pics.

3. ricardow

ricardow Guest

No, it's "off" =/
    All the other options works, but this one doesn't.

4. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

Is your phone receiving a good signal or good reception while it's connected to your PC? For some reason, this seems to matter.

5. italymoto

italymoto Member

i have finally gotten my mpt up and running, mostly. it drops the detection some times and wont respond. but anyway i cant get the pictures from phone to pc either, that tab on multimedia is unresponsive. on one of these forums i read the v220 doesnt support audio or picture transfer.

6. italymoto

italymoto Member

by the way what is p2k and midway?

7. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

italymoto wrote:
    That's not true. I have a V220 and use Phone Tools to both transfer the crappy pics off my phone to my PC and upload ringtones to my phone from my PC. The problem is that SO many people are having difficulty getting the program to work for one reason or another (actually, if we really knew the reason(s) they were having trouble we could probably solve the problem).

Those other tools you mentioned are evidently tools to make other system modifications to your phone and to assist in upload of java enabled games to your phone. (I haven't used them myself.)

8. italymoto

italymoto Member

Ahhhhh. Thanks. Yes its been an incredible journey to get mpt to work. Even just now it failed to initialize, where yesterday it worked fine. I (what do I know) think my problem is with the driver and inf file (usbser, and usbmot200). It seems to be a conflict between mpt and xp loading and unloading those files. I'm going to try the improved signal reception though.

9. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

yeah, I still don't understand why you need good reception if your phone is hard-wired into your computer via USB. But it does makes a difference. If I'm in phone tools and my reception goes out, I can't really use the tools anymore as most options are greyed out. Makes no sense.

10. canukster

canukster Member

exactly the same problem I have with my v220 finally got the system to work, browsed the photos in my phone transferred them played with the multimedia, everything worked fine, next day I plugged in the phone, and it cant initialize and cant talk to my phone anymore, difference being I have a full signal on my cell phone and I can no longer access the damn thing, anyways, I dont know if theres anymore software patches from motorola, but the amount of b.s to get this to work was unbelievable

11. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

LOL I think that is the sentiment of most folks in this forum.

Are you using the same USB port as always to plug your phone into? I know it shouldn't matter, but some seem to think it does.

12. canukster

canukster Member

I didnt change a thing in regards to the usb port, just plugged in the phone, the next day after it had just installed and worked, and was actually browsing the phone when I lost the connection to the phone,And I double and triple checked the phone signal. frankly im ready to chuck the phone and software in the toilet

Last edited: Jan 15, 2005
  13. sassy0831

sassy0831 Guest

Hi ,

I was wondering if anyone could help me download pictures to my PC. I only have the USB cable. What else is there to do? I would appreciate it if someone would help me. Thank you!

14. cooliebai

cooliebai Member

hi i don't know much about downloading games onto my motorola V220, can anyone help me by tellign me the programs i need to do this, also i already have the program "mobile phone tools" if there is a way i can transfer games by uing this then can someone help me because i don't seem to see that option in the program

thanx to whoever replies

from
    cooliebai

15. cooliebai

cooliebai Member

what i forgot to say in my previouse messege is that i'm trying to transfer a game from my pc to my phone and that i already have the usb cable and stuff

thanx again to whoever replies

16. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

17. cooliebai

cooliebai Member

thanx for the link it helped a lot

does anyone know where i can download free java games in *jad format?

plz reply this will be greatly appreciated

from cooliebai

18. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

use the google search and u will find lots man....

19. Vios

Vios Member

hey all,
    this is vios. im new here , but ive referenced this forum b4 for dvd burning help. i like this place. i d/led mpt, and the mot service software and the p2k drivers and mobile edit, and pst. i found and have all the software, but my computer wont recognize the phone. even after i install the drivers, i just want to be able to get the frigin pics off my phone, ill give the software to ne one who asks i guess, i just need help geting it all to work.i can find software but, grrrrrrrrrrr... i just want my pics. can ne one help me , maybe.

20. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

make sure the drivers r installed right........