1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfering Vhs to DVD Audio out of Sync when Burned

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by dubcity, Apr 21, 2005.

1. dubcity

dubcity Guest

Hello,

I am transfering Vhs Tapes to DVD Using Pinnacle 8 quickstart transfers fine but when burned to DVD-VCD audio is out of sink 1-4 seconds.

After transfering Vhs to DVD It has a choice of mpeg, avi, and a couple of more formats.

I leave it as a Avi file I know that when you is compress a file to another format that usually picture Quality distorts a bit and Audio gets out of sink.

I used vitualdub did not help. would it be possible to take the audio out make that into a audio wave file.

then burn the movie with a audio file and a video file with tmpenic

If I was to take the audio out of the AVI what program would use.

Sincerely,
    John

2. memento56

memento56 Member

Hi as a long time Pinnacle user, look in the forums on pinnaclesys for audio sync issues.

bitmann is the expert ... I think it boils down to problematic settings (CBR v. variable for example, in the output encoding).

Pinnacle are always in complete denail, of course, blaming CPU, RAM, phases of the moon, planetary aligment etc. but it's them ...

Stick to simple encoding (at elasty until you get a DVD that works), replay in PowerDVD etc before burning a coaster ... and know that even 9.4.3 is not immune.

Cheers.