1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transferring DVD-RW disc to DVD+RW

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bigeyes, Oct 4, 2007.

1. bigeyes

bigeyes Guest

Can anyone help? I have a Sony minidisc camcorder. I bought the Sony DVD+RW mini discs with it and have had no problem recording, playing back on the DVD players at home and also copying onto other discs to send to family and friends. But whilst on holiday this year, after using up my DVD+RW discs, I was only able to purchase DVD-RW discs which recorded OK and played back on camcorder, but will not play on the DVD players at home. Is there any way I can transfer the footage from the DVD-RW to DVD+RW???

2. JoeRyan

JoeRyan Active member

Finalize the DVD-RW discs in the camcorder. The DVD+RW media do not need to be finalized. Once the DVD-RW discs are finalized, try playing them in a computer drive. If they play back without a problem, simply copy them the same way you copied the DVD+RW discs.

3. bigeyes

bigeyes Guest

Thanks Joe, i've done it!!!!

4. JoeRyan

JoeRyan Active member

I'm glad to help...and glad it worked. There are some real differences between DVD+RW and DVD-RW that can cause problems for users. I much prefer the simpler DVD+RW format. There is less difference between DVD+R and DVD-R discs.

5. bigeyes

bigeyes Guest

Thanks again. Know where to come to next time !!!