1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transferring Emulators to EvoX

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by McNob, Apr 7, 2004.

1. McNob

McNob Guest

This is a really easy one..........probably.........but I just need to confirm some details about Emulators for Xbox.

I want decent emulators for MAME, Mega-Drive, Snes and Master System. Can as many people as poss give me names I need to look out for for GOOD emus for the above please ??

Also, I need links on where to get Emu's and Roms for all of the above as well so any details on PM would be greatly appreciated.

Have had a chipped XB for ages, just getting round to sticking ROMs on it..........:)

Lastly, is it just a case of unzipping EMU's and FTP'ing them to the XB F: drive or is there more to it ?? I have EvoX all set up for them already.

Thanks.

2. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

Good Emulators:
    MAME- MAMEoX is the best out there for mame by far, the last build is far superior to the earlier ones

if you have a lot of NeoGeo games like Metal Slug or Marvel v. Capcom, you might want to try Kawa-X as well. Kawa-X is a good suppliment to MAME, it resolves some of the memory issues of MAME.

Snes- This is where there is some debate, for me Xsnes9X is fine. Though they are all pretty much the same.

Mega-Drive-Go with NeoGenesis, great UI, easy to use.

as far as links for the roms, cant help you there, I dont want to get booted, but think xbins

and lastly, pretty much all you have to do is FTP the emulators to whatever drive you like F: or G: it doesnt matter, but in order to select the emulator for the evox menu, you have to configure the .ini file so it would show up in the menu, otherwise you would have to use a file explorer to boot the emu. the .ini file is usually located at the main F: partition folder. Dont be intimidated by the .ini file, just follow the lead they way the others are set-up, it is a lot simpler than you think.