1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transferring files to CD-R

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by browny7, Sep 27, 2003.

1. browny7

browny7 Member

Hi, I am simply looking for advice on how to burn files onto a CD. I have some files on a computer at home & am looking to transfer these files to a laptop by burning them to a CD & then putting them onto the laptop.

I recently tried this using 'Pinnacle Instant Copy', by backing them up with the 'back-up' mode. This then put all the files in one folder that I could not open, and was required to open each individual file separately with 'relevant software'.

The files that I am wanting to transfer consist of Word & Excel documents, & a couple of software packages such as a Thesaurus & dictionary that I downloaded from the internet. How do I get all of each file on to the CD that I can transfer to the laptop and open individually?

Any help would be much appreciated as I am not the best with stuff like this!

Kind Regards

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

One of the more easier ways is to grab a proggie called Nero BurningROM.... once you install it, performing what you want is fairly simple and straightfoward:
    1. Start Nero
    2. When it opens up, a "New Compulation" dialog box will popup, leave the default settings and click 'New'
    3. From the right hand side of the screen, drag whatever files and folders you want to the left hand side... there will be a bar at the ottom of the screen to give you a general feel for how much space on the cd you have used up
    4. On the left hand side of the screen click on 'NEW", press F2 and give it a new name.. this is the name of your CD (called the label )
    5. When you are done, click on the Burn button (or goto the Recorder Menu and select 'Burn Compilation'). Burn with default settings (you may want to slow the Write Speed down but if you are just doing simple burning, you probably will not have to)

=====
    Nero is one of the most widely available and useful burning application available. It excels at almost every type of general purpose burning. For backing up protections however nero is not up to the task and should not be used). For almost every other purpose however, Nero fits the bill. You can find Nero at http://www.cd-rw.org/software/cdr_software/cdr_applications/nero.cfm or http://www.ahead.de_X_X_X_X_X_[small]ASUS A7V8X-X, AMD2500+
    Samsung 1024MB, PC2700
    360GB [3x120GB, 7200, 8MB]
    MSI Starforce, GeForce4 Ti4400 128MB

AFTERDAWN IRC: irc.emule-project.net, #ad_buddies
    COME SAY HI![/small]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2003