1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transferring XBOX save games from DVD to XBOX

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by SinisterP, Dec 26, 2004.

1. SinisterP

SinisterP Member

What I want to do is download save games from the internet burn it onto DVD and the put it on my XboX, how would I do this?

2. punqewe

punqewe Active member

If you can netowrk to your xbox with your pc I would suggest downloading an app called xbox game save manager. This will let you network to the gamesaves on your xbox and transfer the files to and from you xbox and pc. Great for backing up all your save for when/if you upgrade your hard drive. Otherwise you will need some dashboard with a file manager (unleashed/avalaunch) and just copy the gamesaves to the folder it belongs to in the E drive-like if I wanted to put a save for return to castle wolfenstein I would goto E\UDATA\41560010 and then transfer the save to there. If you have the whole save (the save inside the root save folder) then all you would have to do is transfer the save to the UDATA folder and it will overwrite the files for you.

3. SinisterP

SinisterP Member

I think I might as well buy a memorary unit, I have an xploder but no memorary unit so I won't buy anything extra.

Also if I were to change my dashboard, would I need to have a hardware mod? As I just want a software mod and don't want to take apart my XboX

4. muumabo

muumabo Member

i was also looking for a way to reset my dash so i can run linux on it

5. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

you don't have to take apart your box for a softmod unless you upgrade the hdd. i don't know about the linux other than it's possible.