1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tried to copy,employee of the month

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dh3245, Jan 22, 2007.

1. dh3245

dh3245 Member

i tried to copy employee of the month since then my dvd burner does'nt reconize blank dvd's.i tried this on 2 different dvd burners. since then my dvd burners when i put a blank dvd in it comes up as cd drive. can anyone help.

2. thedroid

thedroid Member

Try to reinstall the DVD driver. That may help. If you don't have the disc, check the web.

Good luck

3. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

they say they are a cd drive dont worry about it

4. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

I agree with rbrock, mine does the same thing, when I insert blank DVD media it will display "CD drive".

5. kypartman

kypartman Member

I have a MadDog external burner that kept giving me fits like you described. Turned out after over a year of fighting it I decided to put in a tower and use it as the read drive. The jumper was set wrong on the MadDog out of the box. It was set to master so I switched to slave and plowed on with out one problem.

I am not saying this is your problem at all but worth a check.

6. jimbro

jimbro Member

This just happened to me with employee of the month and running with scissors. Tried all 3 of my drives, one is a brand new plextor, and nothing, other than on one drive, it sees it as a cd but you still can't open it. I believe they have finally came up with a technology to prevent a movie from being copied (at least on a PC DVD-R). I've NEVER had this sort of problem (my dvd drive not reading the disc). They both read/play fine on my home DVD player, how they did this, I'd really like to know. I wonder how we're gonna get around this?!

7. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I copied Employee of the Month with AnyDVD and CloneDVD. This is another of those Lionsgate movies so it has ARccOS protection on it.
    Ripit4me should get through this movie as well if you want to use free programs.
    The latest DVDFab Decrypter may also work.

8. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

TRy this make sure auto play is canceled if your runnig XP put in a working disc and when the pop up menu shows up choose take no action and check always do the selected action then you might be able to burn it with Ripi4me or Anydvd

9. jimbro

jimbro Member

Rebooted the pc, now it recognizes the movie (employee of the month)! Go figure, especially since my other pc is brand new and was just turned on when I put the disc in. Ghosts in the machine I suppose. Now shrink with anydvd is making quick work of it. Pheww, for a minute there, I thought they were winning!

10. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

Burn Baby Burn !

11. jimbro

jimbro Member

I think I've figured it out, my trusty sony is taking a crap, finally, after 1200 or so burns! hehe! Hence the sometimes read, sometimes not.It's been well worth the 38.00 to newegg for it! Time to get a new one and start wearing it out!

12. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

A have a Sony and after all the updates on the firmware still can't burn a movie without the legos maybe mine was a lemon (DW-Q30A)

13. hayden58

hayden58 Regular member

just a note: DVD FAB flew through this movie.