1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trimming Xbox Enter The Matrix

Discussion in 'Xbox - Games' started by Pat420, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Pat420

Pat420 Guest

I used rahszhul recommended by balugabutt to trim Enter the matrix, but the file is still large.. did i do it right?

heres what i had did.

- i ftpd the d:\ folder from xbox to my hdd as an iso using qwix
    - then i extracted the iso file using qwix.
    - then i went into the movies folder on my hdd and deleted the files that i was shown to be deleted, by simply right clicking on the file and hitting delete. these are the files i deleted:
    /Movies/atari.vid
    /Movies/jackin_ghost.vid
    /Movies/jackin_niobe.vid
    /Movies/shiny.vid
    /Movies/wb.vid

- then i remade an iso of the folder

but all it did was go from 4.76 gb to 4.75gb

i still cant burn the dvd for my backup.. someone please help..my actual game disc is almost at its last breath.

pat

2. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Here's what I did.

1. Downloaded the 0 byte SFD files on balugabutt.
    2. Replaced three video files with the 0 byte SFD: Extra_BLUR_makingof.sfd; EXTRA_outtakes.sfd; pon_trailer.sfd.
    3. Created an ISO using Quix and burned with ImgBurn onto Taiyo Yuden DVD-R.

It's been working great so far. Oh, and the reason I replaced them with zero byte files rather than just deleting them is because I kept getting dirty disc errors without them on there.

3. Pat420

Pat420 Guest

thank you so much.. i will definitly try it.. but i might come back to ask you. how do i download the sdf files there.. but let me try it first.

thank you again

4. Pat420

Pat420 Guest

i was right.. how do i download the sdf files.. the just had a list of files that they said i should replace.. i cant even do that.. how do you replace a file...

5. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

http://www.balugabutt.com/xoops/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=8

That's the blank video file page. Get the SFD file off of there.

To replace the files, do this.

1. Extract the ISO using Quix, so you can browse it like a normal folder.
    2. Replace the original videos with the blank videos. Basically, copy and paste the SFD until you have three of them, then rename them to Extra_BLUR_makingof.sfd, EXTRA_outtakes.sfd, and pon_trailer.sfd. Place them back into the movies folder, and overwrite the old ones.
    3. Create a new ISO using Quix.
    4. Burn to disc using ImgBurn.

6. Pat420

Pat420 Guest

m i replacing
    Movies/atari.vid
    /Movies/jackin_ghost.vid
    /Movies/jackin_niobe.vid
    /Movies/shiny.vid
    /Movies/wb.vid
    with the new sfd files.. or m i replacing the Extra_BLUR_makingof.sfd, EXTRA_outtakes.sfd, and pon_trailer.sfd files.. the reason i ask is because i cant find these files in the movie folder.

all i see in the movie folder is /Movies/atari.vid
    /Movies/jackin_ghost.vid
    /Movies/jackin_niobe.vid
    /Movies/shiny.vid
    /Movies/wb.vid
    and other ones like these.

7. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

XD

I was thinking of Path of Neo for some reason. Sorry about that.

http://www.balugabutt.com/xoops/modules/wfsection/article.php?page=1&articleid=97

You had the right idea. Either do what that guy did or use a blank vid file instead.

Apparently, doing it the way the other guy suggested only saves you 11 megabytes, which may not be enough on it's own.

I don't have Enter the Matrix, so I can't really go in and tell you what else to remove.

8. shivang

shivang Member

Um hi every1 sup,,

on the topic of path of neo i recently FTP the game to my hdd
    and created an iso using Craxtion4,everything went 2 plan until i tried 2 burn it to a single layer dvd.

so it turns out that the iso is really 5.30gigs i have tried a couple of things but with no luck with googleing it i decided to post and hope 2 hear from the good people at afterdawn.

so really my question how can i make it fit on a dvd.

thanx in advance....