1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trojan-Downloader-waveform??

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by sandman42, Oct 10, 2007.

1. sandman42

sandman42 Regular member

I think that is what it is called...

Last night...Two days ago my friends computer got messed up so I thought I would take a look at it...

I downloaded SpySweeper for her computer...she had Kaspersky Anti-Virus, Ad-Aware 6 SE, Spybot Search and destroy...

The made Kaspersky give Errors for updating and also it shut it off...

So I decided to search it with Spysweeper in Safe Mode...

She had 6 problems...

5 Ad-Aware and 1 Trojan-Downloader-wave??? I don't know if it was wave form but it had wave next to the name...

So after the Diagnostic it said it got rid of them and to restart the computer for Full Clean so I did...

Sure enough Kaspersky Started working again but then I notice a TON Of Error messages with Kaspersky like Virus Found Trojan-Downloader...And I kept clicking Delete and Clean and Deny....

But It killed all my system files so applications like Notepad, Wordpad, Windows Media Player...Etc...was blanked out...

So I decided to try a System Restore point for the 28th of Sept...

When I tried to reload her computer...I got the Password Box stating...

Name:HP_Owner
    Password:

The password is nothing because I didn't set one....So I click OK and then it said Loading System Settings...and then It Immediately Kicked me out bringing me back to the Pass Screen Again...

How do I fix this??

She has got a bunch of photos on here that she didn't back up...

She has an HP...and Whenever I load it up I get two Options...

Start Windows Normally or System Recovery...

IS there a way to fix the Windows folder where all the damage was done or is there a way of getting into the computer so I could backup before Reformating the hard drive??

Please help...I tried going through Safe mode, Safe mode with command prompt, etc. but I still can't login...Please help.

I tried logging in as an Admin...by doing this...

Name: Admin
    Pass:

I don't have a pass but it won't let me it says I need a password...But I never set one...

Please Help

2. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

What I would do is take the drive in question and either....

A)Plug it into another PC were you would proceed to backup all the files from the HP drive to your donor PC.

B)Try something such as a Boot CD or if your PC supports it boot a copy of Puppy Linux or Damn Small Linux off a USB flash drive (also can be done with a CD). For the boot cd I HIGHLY recommend BartPE. Whichever method you chose the steps are the same. Boot your "recovery CD and/or USB drive" and proceed to backup all data from it onto either CD's/DVD's or another harddrive.