1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble Booting RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Backup

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by asdf_jags, Nov 2, 2004.

1. asdf_jags

asdf_jags Member

I backed up my copy of Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 today, and everything was running smoothly, I entered my cd key, then the installation finished, and when I tried to boot it, the screen goes black as if it's going to start, then my computer reboots. Does anybody know why. I've tried getting a no-cd crack, and the same thing occured with that. Nay help would be appreciated. I'm Using a Samsung SW-224B CD/RW drive, with 24X BenQ media. Have not had problems with this media in the past. I made the backup using DVD Decrypter at 1X, and then tried Nero 6, same thing.

2. bazutti

bazutti Member

This same exact thing happened to me as well. I'm running it on XP. I tried the crack, and it restarts every time. When windows boots again, my system just freezes. Has anyone found a remedy for this?

3. DracoW

DracoW Member

Sounds like your problem is the OS. My backup of RCT3 worked just fine, before and after the NoCD crack. I was running it on Me instead of XP, though, so that could be (both) your problem(s). Seems like the best thing to do is to quit using M$ altogether.