1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble Converting MPEG4 to mpeg 1/2 or wmv

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by discus240, Feb 28, 2005.

1. discus240

discus240 Guest

I used nero to convert a portion of my dvd to mpeg4. well that file size is huge and i know there is a way to convert that mpeg4 to a mpeg1/2 or even a wmv file. I have d/led imtoo and xili to find that they are horrible and don't even work.
    Maybe I am going about this in the entirely wrong way. All I am trying to do is convert a file from my video to a mpeg1/2 or even wmv. How can I do this?
    (By the way my trial nero time is up, so I can't use that)
    Thanks
    Adam k

2. andmerr

andmerr Guest

try for dvdsanta will convert your mpeg4 files back to mpeg2.

software hype:

Creating Your Own DVD Movies
    Doesn't Have to Cost You Hundreds, or Thousands. You DON'T Have To Be An Expert Or A Geek to Start, dvdSanta has a topnotch, easy-to-use user interface that requires no technical knowledge from you whatsoever. It's child's play!

Easy to use interface: Intuitive user interface that requires no technical knowledge whatsoever.
    Converts and burns video files directly into DVD movies so that you can watch them on TV.
    Can mix multiple video files into one DVD disc.
    Converts photo files into DVD movies, with 35 transition effects, pan and zoom motions, background musics and narrations.
    Can automatically sync the background music with photo slide shows.
    Real-time captures and transforms miniDV camcorder tapes directly to DVD video format
    Can fit 9GB double layer DVD movies into 4.7GB single layer DVD disc.
    Burns DVD ISO Image or DVD VIDEO_TS folders to DVD
    Auto-Rate-Controller technology maximizes disc space by squeezing the highest quality video onto a disc.
    Supports major video formats such as AVI, WMV, ASF, MPG, VOB...
    Supports major photo formats such as JPG, PNG, BMP...
    Supports major audio formats such as WAV, MP3, WMA...
    Supports DVD+R/RW, DVD-R/RW format discs and burners.
    Supports 4:3 and 16:9 video aspect ratio
    Supports both NTSC and PAL video standard
    Supports Interlaced and Progressive Sources
    Supports output to hard drive
    Intergrated High Speed DVD MPEG-2 Encoder

and still more

High Quality MPEG-2 Encoder produces Great DVD videos
    The secret behind dvdSanta (Download Demo Version, 1.5MB)...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The core technology behind dvdSanta is an MPEG-2 Video Encoder, it turns other video formats, such as AVI, WMV, DivX... into DVD Video format, which is MPEG-2.

An ordinary MPEG2 encoder softwares aren't easy to use at all for common users. They require a lot of settings that only tech-savvy guys can handle. We choose a different approach: the only purpose of dvdSanta's MPEG2 encoder is to create DVD compliant videos that can fit on 4.7GB blank DVD discs, and at the fastest speed we can get (on a P4 3.0GHz PC with 1GB RAM, dvdSanta can encode Full-D1 DVD video at 60 frames per second).

When people use other mpeg 2 encoder to create DVD videos, they usually have to encode the video and audio separately, then use another software to combine the video and audio together, and, at last, use a DVD authoring software to create the DVD video files.

When people use dvdSanta, it's a lot easier: It encode the video and audio at the same time, and directly output DVD video files. So it's a one-click solution.

and heres a link to the guides section of dvdsanta:

http://www.dvdsanta.com/mpeg-2-encoder.htm

enjoy

andmerr