1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trouble creating shortcut for dvd2xbox in xbmc

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by sani616, Feb 4, 2010.

1. sani616

sani616 Member

hey
    i loaded xbmc onto my xbox & i'm trying to create a shortcut to dvd2xbox for the programs menu i've created the shortcut & put it in the dvd2box folder but when i got to add source in the programs menu i navigate to the dvd2xbox folder but i cant see the .cut file i created & put there am i doing something wrong?
    any help would be appreciated
    thanks
    sani

2. scum101

scum101 Guest

what the hell are you playing at?

to add a thing to the programs lists in a dashboard you edit the dashboard config file... tis isn't windoze.. shortcuts like that will never work (linux uses symbolic links anyway)

xbmc will ahve somewhere in it's millions of directorys and files a config file called something like xbmc.conf (it's a shit main dash.. which is why people don't tend to use it as anything other than an app.. too complicated and liable to break)
    which will have an entry for "programs" and a path to the apps directory which may or may not have a 2 or 3 on the end.. which tells the file browser how far to look into the directory structure for default.xbe files to list..

or you could add it in yourself under "programs" by listing the full path.

so forget what you "think" you know.. because the xbox isn't a windoze computer,.. it's an xbox running a rather strange form of linux. let me tell you now.. you are playing with fire trying to modify ANY xbmc main dash files .. even experienced people don't mess with it when it's a main dash because it's just too unstable..

http://xbmc.org/wiki/?title=Advanced_Configuration

your answer is in there somewhere.. though I can't be arsed looking for it.

3. sani616

sani616 Member

i'm not saying i know anything but i do know that its not a windows computer what i've done so far is what i've followed from the xbmc website and some tutorials that i've come across online about making shortcuts for the menus
    sani