1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble Flashing Xecuter 2.6 lite

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by ktulu22, Apr 8, 2005.

1. ktulu22

ktulu22 Member

I have modded numerous xbox's before with no trouble using the spiderchip (via pinheader). I ordered some Xecuter 2.6 lites and on my first install (Xbox version 1.0) I hit a bump. The cromwell (Flash 3.0.1) bios comes up fine. When I try and load bios from CD (X2 4983.06 - same one I have always used) it looks like it flashes fine. It goes into flashing mode, the progress bars fill up, and the xbox shuts down. But when I turn the Xbox back on, it goes back to the cromwell bios. (Yes the flash protect is turned off). I have tried flashing both banks. I followed the X2.6 flash tutorial http://www.teamxecuter.com/biosimage.htm to the T and am about out of options. Anybody have any suggestions? Any help is much appreciated.

2. mdsup

mdsup Guest

the bios must be in 512k size...and if you have a 1.6 xbox the bios must be flashed to bank 2 in order for it to work.

goto xecuter's site and download biosmanager...open it up and put the x2_4983 into banks 1 and 2(1.0-1.5 xbox's) then save your new 512k bios...1.6 xbox put flashbios on banks 1 and 2 and m8 on banks 3 and 4...save your new bios...and flash away.

3. ktulu22

ktulu22 Member

It is a version 1.0 xbox. I did exactly what you said. Made the bios 512kb in size using x2bm and flashed. It wouldn't work. It seemed to flash fine but the Flashbios (Cromwell) bios just keeps coming up. thanks for the reply - any help is much appreciated. I can't figure it out.

4. nimda0

nimda0 Member

I actually had the same problem using a chameleon solderless chip. Exactly the same problem. I ended up not being able to use the chip honestly, i did a tsop solder (2 drops of solder, it was incredible how easy it was on the 1.0 xbox's)...... then i was able to use the mechwarrior exploit to flash the bios, and then use the 007 exploit to reinstall the new dashboard and whatnot... then it was all FTP afterwards.