1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble geeting R4 Card to work on my DS

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by sarnie1, Oct 18, 2007.

1. sarnie1

sarnie1 Member

I have recently bought a Nintendo DS Lite with a R4 card which has 2o games on it. The card works fine with the DS I bought it with. However when I tried to use the R4 card with my other DS Lite. The cosole did not recognise that there was a card in the console. Any ideas why this is and how I can solve the problem please!

2. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

Blow inside the slot? Maybe there's dust inside.

3. dragnandy

dragnandy Regular member

theres no reason why the ds would work and the ds lite wouldnt. restart it again and see if itll work. sometimes for me, the first few times might not work. blow the micro-sd slot, and ds slow like Ndarkness said.

if all fails re-install the r4 stuff into it.

4. nintenut

nintenut Regular member

If all else fails, apply isopropyl alcohol.

5. sarnie1

sarnie1 Member

I have tried blowing in the slot. They are both DS Console, though I have just realised that the DS that works with the R4 Card is Americain/Canada and the DS that the card does not work in is European/English. Will this make a difference?

6. dragnandy

dragnandy Regular member

i dont think so, ds and ds lite aren't regional i think, and they should be all the same worldwide, except the color.

7. sarnie1

sarnie1 Member

Its strange I wonder what the hell is wrong then! Any other ideas that I can try?

8. SMURPHOID

SMURPHOID Member

This isnt one of the newer R4's by any chance - the one that has been re-designed and no longer has the spring eject on the micro SD memory card?
    Ive heard quite a few people having the same problem - it appears that even a slight knock on the DS is enough to stop the micro sd memory card making a 100% contact inside the R4, as the micro sd card is no longer held in place, and just slides in and out. Taking out the memory card and "more forcefully" shoving it back in usually does the track - hope this helps

9. dragnandy

dragnandy Regular member

smurphoid, i read about those new cards. i think its silly to take out spring loaded micro-sd slots, but i thing they did so it would eliminate the screen that said cannot read sd/cf card because the notches or those golden plate thingies are closer together and wont have that problem. the only thing i dont like about the slots that are not spring loaded are that sometimes they can be a bi&!# to take out.

10. sarnie1

sarnie1 Member

No its not a spring loaded R4 card. Its so strange to work in one DS and not the other, I am going to try and get hold of another DS and see if the card works in that. If it does then I know its the console and not the card that is the problem.

11. sarnie1

sarnie1 Member

I tried the R4 card in another Eurpoean DS Lite yesterday and it worked straight away! So I guess the problem is with the actual DS.