1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble Joining .mpgs with DVTool

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by SSHawg, Oct 13, 2004.

1. SSHawg

SSHawg Member

I used DVTool to join two .mpg files into on larger .mpg file. I then encoded as DVD and burnt the large file. The movie plays excellent in my standalone, until you get to the point in the movie where the .mpgs were joined. The movie stops and I get a "disc error" message. The specs on both .mpgs were identical. Anyone else experience this and possibly have a good fix for it?

Thanks

Hawg

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I'm not sure the movies are identical. Maybe you can try to use TMPGenc --->MPEG Tools --> Merge and cut. As 'type' choose MPEG-1 Video-CD but those errors are bad. I never used DVTool so I cannot understand if the problem lies in the MPEGs or in the joining procedure.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Read forum rules!
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2004
  3. SSHawg

SSHawg Member

Thanks for the reply here as well Aldaco12. As I stated in the other post, using TMPGEnc I was able to join the files just fine and play the burnt movie with no errors.

Hawg