1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble making copy of DVD-Video

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by fastart, Feb 18, 2007.

1. fastart

fastart Member

I have created & edited a video using Nero 6 VisionExpress, and have successfully burned it as a DVD-Video to a DVD-RW, using my Pavillion laptop.

When I put it into the DVD reader in my desktop Sony Vaio, and try to use Nero 6 disc copy to copy it to a DVD+RW in the desktop DVD burner, I get the Nero error message, "This video cannot be copied onto a DVD".

The DVD-Video plays on the Vaio just fine, and the Vaio burner works just fine, so I'm stumped as to why Nero won't burn a copy for me. What am I missing??

Any help would be appreciated.

Art

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

copy of a copy should be very easy...... if there is no encryptions on the disk that you have then it should have no problem making a copy since it already fit onto blank DVD media...... if you using an RW disk make sure it's empty.... and make sure you formated it first! You can even use Windows explorer and copy and paste onto an RW disk if you already formated your disk..... since you have Nero here is how to erase your disk:
    [​IMG]

if this is not the case the I would rip the disk to the hard drive and then use Nero to copy the video to disk. it just might be that the disk is not recognized by your drive....... how about a Nero log to see what's going on? found here:
    Nero 6 history log location: Program Files>Ahead>Nero>NeroHistory.txt

3. fastart

fastart Member

Thanks, IHoe, for the reply ...but, no luck on my little project.

- my DVD-Video is not encoded in any way;
    - it is on a single-layer DVD, occupying about 4.1 GB;
    - it plays through Nero Player on my Vaio;
    - the DVD+RW that I am trying to copy to is a good quality disc,
    formatted and quick erased;
    - if I try a disc copy (my 'read' drive E to my burner drive F), I get the Nero error message:
    'Cannot copy this disc to a DVD'

(I don't have a log right now; I'll try it again with logging on to see if I can spot any clues.)

I also tried "Copy DVD-Video", but that only allows copying to a hard drive, apparently. At least when I tried copying to the formatted, erased DVD+RW, I got the error message: 'Not enough room', even though there should have been ample room (4.1 GB vs 4.7).

(As a learning exercise, I'll try copying to the hard drive, and then burning a DVD-Video from the hard drive.)

Ah, the mysteries of video!

Art