1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trouble recording

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by curtisjr, Sep 7, 2007.

1. curtisjr

curtisjr Guest

i use nero 7 to burn my movies. i then use sonic record to record the movie later for my brother, but now sonic record always says please insert dvd and stays there like i have no dvd inside. i am using verbatim media. i have never had this problem before(10 yrs.) i am using sonic record v7 & nero 7. but either is letting me record using verbatim, sony, maxell or memorex. it there any more burning programs i can use that are free. somebody please help i am so frustrsted.

2. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

IMGburn is the best free burning program there is.
    also having the two burning programs(nero, roxio) installed could be conflicting with each other.

How old is your burner?
    might need a firmware update?
    burner might be going bad?

if you have trouble with ImgBurn let us know

3. curtisjr

curtisjr Guest

the movies i recorded from last week( bobby z, delta farce, wind chill, baby boy. plays wells in my dvd player, but i can't get them to record later. when i stick them in sonic record to record them it just says "please insert disc" and stays there. they also will not record when i try to use nero 7. and also previously recorded movies that i have made using maxell, sony, memorex media are not recording but they use to all the time. what is going on? i am using sonic record 7. do you think i need to upgrade sonic?