1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble using Smart recorder to record siruis internet radio

Discussion in 'Audio' started by 4thmebcoB, Mar 13, 2007.

1. 4thmebcoB

4thmebcoB Member

Okay I tried doing what the "help section" in smart recorder said to do but it doesn't show the option under source to choose "what you hear", all I got is mic in,line in,aux,cd audio.What I wanna do is record sirius internet radio so i can listen to it on my Zen vision W that i just recieved.I only have 1 day left on my 3 day free trial for siruis & I dont want to subscribe until i know i can record stuff because I work way too much to sit in front of my computer all day & I want to be able to load shows/music into my mp3 player to listen later.
    Here is what i've got connected to my PC as far as audio equipment & hardware if it helps:

X-fi Platinum
    Tritton AX 360 headset
    Logitech 230 speaker system
    M-audio USB interface
    Novation X-Station 49 MIDI Controller
    Akai mpc 1000

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

I know its gotta be something stupid & either i'm over looking it or just too dumb to figure it out, thats why I need your help. Thanks in advance.

2. macblob

macblob Member

I have been using "What you hear" also. I just figured out how to burn a CD the other day. I have not figured out how to hook up my Stereo receiver to the sound blaster X-Fi as of yet. To hell with DRM's. Do it the old fashion way of getting music off of the radio....Again ancient technology of tape player/recorders are looking better and better everyday. I have found that recording on the internet is okay if you have a fast enough computer. Use tunebite to record DVD's and music from anywhere....It works!