1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trouble with burning decrypted files to dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by stephen3, Jan 15, 2005.

1. stephen3

stephen3 Member

hi, does anybody have any ideas on my problem. i have decrypted dvd to hdd, when using clonedvd2 to burn to dvd (using ricoh mp5125 +R burner) it says that it has completed burning ok but when i try to watch dvd using powerdvd6 it says no disk. when exploring disk it seems there are no files on it either! help! i am able to watch decrypted video file on hdd using powerdvd6 ok btw.

2. zombieman

zombieman Regular member

hmm, not fimiliar with clonedvd2, but have you reauthored the files on your HD? If it is a dvd-9 you are copying (which most of them today are) then you must compress the files using programs such as dvd2one, or dvdsqueeze. these programs compress the files and make them fit on single layer dvds' (must be under equal to or under 4.37gig to fit). Not sure why your burner is saying its complete. that could be the reason why there not there, (if your not taking this second step, after decrypting the files to your HD).

Last edited: Jan 15, 2005
  3. stephen3

stephen3 Member

hi, yes after using decryptor to decode to hd i am now using dvd shrink to encode just the main movie. even though the size is now 4.3gb it says that it wont burn to dvd. i am using nero 5.5. perhaps it is my burn engine that is failing? could it be my dvd burner? i am using ricoh mp5125? any thoughts?

4. bardie

bardie Regular member

Try using DVD Decrypter to burn your files instead of Nero, and you really need to update Nero as well.

5. stephen3

stephen3 Member

hi... i have upgraded both the firmware for my burner and now running ver 6 nero. it seems one of these 2 things has cured my problem cos i now have a backed-up disc.. fantastic! thanks for the help cos i was going through blank dvd discs like there was no tomorrow

:-}

6. biggiebig

biggiebig Guest

I got banned.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2005
  7. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

How fast is it to backup a dvd-9 to a dvd-5?

8. colw

colw Active member

Re biggiebig

Thanks Flip - Pimps for inferior, ripped off software, making outlandish, irrelevant claims should not be allowed on these forums.

9. stephen3

stephen3 Member

yes it may be faster but dont you lose the resolution cos of copying to cd is much smaller file?