1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trouble with copying games

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by sean2525, Feb 9, 2006.

1. sean2525

sean2525 Guest

I just bought a xenium ice moded xbox with the hard drive, but i dont know how to use it or anything like that. When i insert a game it just plays. I dont know how to burn games into my console somebody help me please

2. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

ok. which dashboard do you have? do you see any apps on xbox hdd?

3. sean2525

sean2525 Guest

im sorry but im not really good at this, so i dont know what a dashboard is and what a hdd is either. All i know is i order a premoded xbox and now i dont know how to work it. Should i call the company and ask them what dashboard and hdd did i get

4. yu-8

yu-8 Regular member

ok a dashboard is the screen that your xbox boots too on start up and a hhd is a hard drive it what every thing on your xbox is saved to and runs off without one your xbox wont work.
    your computer has a hatd drive just like the one in your xbox but the space on them both are probably different

5. yu-8

yu-8 Regular member

evolution x usually has a little or big thing either in the corner or the middle of the screen that spins and says evolution x
    unleashed x has a blue background that kinda looks like the normal dashboard that was there before any modding

how much space is on your hard drive if you do not know either dash has a thing in the left side of the screen that says space on c:
    e:
    f:
    with numbers after them, what does yours say

Last edited: Feb 9, 2006
  6. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Tell us what you see on your tv.
    To help us means to help you.

7. yu-8

yu-8 Regular member

most likly you have evolution x or unleashx, unleashx has an option in settings/misc/copy game and it copy it for you and with evox you have to download dvd2xbox or boxblorer to copy games

8. sean2525

sean2525 Guest

well when i turn on my xbox it goes to the regular menu. But on the back of my xbox its got whole bunch of on and off little switches. When i go to save its got two games that they download for me already but other than that its like a regular xbox

9. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

What is in the menu? Does it say EVox or Avalaunch or UnleashX? do you see Application menu?

10. sean2525

sean2525 Guest

it doesnt say anything when i turn on the xbox it just has the regular screen. It just has you know the memory,setting,cd etc.
    other then that it doesnt have anything else

11. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

That is the original M$ dashboard. Are you sure that you have a xenium ice on your xbox? Have you ever played backup games on this xbox yet? If not, visit my page and download the autoinstaller disk from there. Then burn it like burn game. Search around for the tutorial. Your xbox should read this CD/DVD. Otherwise you dont have modchip on xbox.

12. sean2525

sean2525 Guest

no i havenet played any back up games on it. Ok sure what is ur site and how do i do all that

13. knizzle

knizzle Guest

It's obvious you have not set anything up yet, what you have to do is to first ftp to ur xbox from the xenium ice main menu. My suggestion is to get the Iceguide from teamxodus.com Im pretty sure on there it shoulkd show you how to set up a dashboard and a Bios. Bios is a basic input output system which runs your dashboard and runs more things and is in control of more things too but i dont want to get into much depth. Once you get a dashboard you need to get a program called dvd2xbox. This program copies games to your hd. To do all of this it could take a few hours if you know what your doing or a whole day if you have no clue.

14. sean2525

sean2525 Guest

for some reason i just turn on my xbox and it says this ok

free space: MB-TEMP: 65:0C
    c: 109.215.744 Bios unknown
    E: 5.116.788.736 EvolutionX V+3935
    F: 155.507.097.600

Disc status:no disc den there is time running and date

firefucker's
    x-disk

then it say on the bottom

play games from HD
    LAUNCH DVD
    MEDIAPLAYER
    EMULATORS
    PROGRAMS

15. sean2525

sean2525 Guest

IT ALSO SAYS

OTHER DASHBOARDS
    POWER OFF

16. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

That is your new dashboard. How do get it boot up? It is maybe Evox. Are you still on this dash?

17. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

I think you did turn off your modchip. Make sure the modchip is on. So you can boot other dashboards.

18. sean2525

sean2525 Guest

ok can u please tell me what im suppose to do once i see that screen.
    I was playin aroung wit it and i went into dashboard and it had all these dash board that i could load but i didnt know which one to use please help if u can u can IM on aim sn is m2houstonsean or on yahoo sean251975 thank you

19. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

you can use any of them. Check around to see if you have HDDloader, DVD2xbox, Avalaunch dashboard, UnleashX dashboard. If you have any of those, you can copy games to hdd.

20. sean2525

sean2525 Guest

how do i copy it do i insert the game into the xbox and just copy it or do i have to do something special to it