1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trouble with Craxtion

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Marz13, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Marz13

Marz13 Guest

i Have Craxtion 4...i am sloppy when it comes to games and it looks like i played table hocky with all my games so i decided everytime i got a new game to back it up just incase i scratch it up realy bad....i have backed up alot of my games but recently i noticed more and more of them arent working....they will load up but either go realy realy slow or will only play untill a certain part of the game...am i doing something wrong???or will i need a different program???any help will be deeply appriciated....and off the supject i read a tutorial on how to FTP between xbox2xbox using a apllication called DVD2XBOX but the cable i am using doesnt work it wont even recognize that it has a link cable....am i going to need to get a Crossover cable???or does that make a difference???thanx everyone and sorry for being such a noob...lol

2. steimy

steimy Active member

not sure what you need to hook two Xbox's together. May be a strait through cable for that. A crossover cable is what i use to hoom the Xbox to my PC so i can FTP stuff. I ahev used Craxtion4 quite a few time and it never gave me any problems, but you can always give Qwix a try as it does the same things.

Is this how you are backing them up.
    1. put game in Xbox DVD drive
    2. connect via FTP using a good, solid FTP program like WS_FTP Pro
    3. transfer over the D: partition from the Xbox (your DVD drive)
    4. After it is done check the log of the FTP program and make sure that it did not give a message about any files that did not transfer.
    5. Open Craxtion4 (or Qwix) and use the make an ISO funtion to turn the whole D: folder into an ISO
    6. Burn to a GOOD QUALITY DVD-R (i prefer using 8X speed DVD's and burn them at 4X with DVD Decrypter or IMGburn V2.1)

3. Marz13

Marz13 Guest

well when i am backing up the games i use the discripper feature of craxtion...do you suggest i just FTP the files from the D drive???
    that might work i never tried it...lol...as far as using qwix i downloaded it and installed it but i couldnt figure out how to use it...hahaha...yeah im slow...and yeah when i tried FTPing xbox2xbox it wouldnt even find a link thats why im guessing it would have to be a cross over cable....but thanx man!!!for helping me out..one more question though???is there any other programs like craxtion or qwix i can use???and oh yeah do you have a problem backing up EA games???for some reason they all seem to have the same errors and freeze up alot

4. steimy

steimy Active member

I reall do not have many sports games. But games made by EA like Need For Speed i have not had a problem with. Then again you can always get them online where you know that what your getting will work. I have only used QwiX and Craxtion myself, but there may be other programs out there. But try to just FTP from the disc in your Xbox to the PC, then build the ISO with craxtion4 and burn it to see if that works.

5. Marz13

Marz13 Guest

kool thanx alot dude! but yeah does anyone know if i do need a cross over cable to link up?cause i cant seem to get it