1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble with DCT6412 -- "dual tuner?"

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by dhoffman, Feb 6, 2005.

1. dhoffman

dhoffman Member

Anyone else have this problem with a Comcast Motorola dct6412 box? In theory I should be able to record one channel while watching another. However, if I start recording one channel and then try to change channels, I get a message saying I have to stop the recording. I've used a Scientific Atlanta box through Time Warner in the past and didn't have any problems like this. Any thoughts?

2. charlie-w

charlie-w Guest

When you got the Motorola Dual-Tuner DVR from Comcast, they should have told you about switching tuners, to prevent the problem you're having. Around here, they were giving out a sheet telling you how to program a button on the remote to do this, in case it isn't already programmed to.

The problem you're having is you're watching the tuner that's being used to record, so you're getting that message. You need to switch the DVD to the OTHER tuner that's not being used, and you can watch whatever else you want.

Try calling Comcast, if you don't get anywhere, I might still have the sheet they gave me with the instructions.

Hope this helps!

-Charlie

3. dhoffman

dhoffman Member

Thanks. Actually, after I posted that I discovered that if I hit the "swap" button at the bottom of the remote I can record and then switch channels w/o getting the message. That button must switch me to the other tuner.

Still seems silly that I should have to do that manually. With the Time Warner/Scientific Atlanta box I had in Manhattan, it switched tuners automatically if I was recording something and changed the channel.