1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble with DVD Shrink and IMGBurn

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by romance, Dec 9, 2007.

1. romance

romance Member

I've never backed up a DVD before so I tried some of the guides on here but I'm having some trouble. I tried IMGBurn first. Just a direct copy. The DVD I'm using is a DVD5 disc. And it goes smooth except when I try to play it. I get sound that cuts in and out and no video.

So I tried DVD shrink and it goes fine as well except on play back. I get nothing at all.

I'm just trying to make exact copies of my DVDs. Is there a better way or something I might not be doing?

2. syxguns

syxguns Active member

I'm surprised that DVD Shrink could even open the file. The file will have to be ripped first. There are protections on the DVD movies that must be removed. I would suggest DVDFab HD Decrypter you may download it here: http://dvdfab.com/free.htm

The free version of Fab is very nice and updated often. You do not have to buy the full version unless that is what you desire. It will run a copy of the movie to your HDD. Then you may use Shrink, then ImgBurn. I would suggest quality media like TY or Verbatim among a few others. I always use TY (Taiyo Yuden made in Japan). I buy them in quantity from supermediastore.com

Set you output on Shrink to be 4450. You do not want to burn to the edge of the DVD because it could cause problems. This is the easiest way to do things, however, I do not do it this way. I use several different programs to get the job done, which include changing menu's and removing many things from the original that I do not want. The higher percentage your backup is the better quality your backup will be. Like many here I use DVD Rebuilder before I burn.

I hope this information helps.

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

^^ good info above,

are the dvd's originals or ones you made?