1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trouble with dvd2oneX demo and playback in widescreen

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by lancedvd, May 3, 2003.

1. lancedvd

lancedvd Member

I tried the dvd2oneX demo, prior to buying it. I was trying to burn a backup of the Wilco dvd I am trying to break your heart (16x9 anamorphic). First, I used dvdbackup, which worked fine with the Apple DVD player on my new 17" PowerBook. Then, I used the demo version of dvd2oneX to compress the file. The demo version only allows the movie only format and only compresses the first 30 min. Again, the compressed VIDEO_TS file played fine on my Apple DVD player. Then, I burnt a dvd-r (Verbatim 2x dvd-r) using toast 5.2.1. All of this worked fine. So, I take the burnt dvd and put it in my Toshiba SD1600 connected to Sony 4:3 t.v.. It recognizes the movie and starts to play it immediately ... the only problem is it is in full screen rather than widescreen. Doesn't seem to be any way to covert to widescreen. Is this a problem with the demo version limited functionality, or is it a bug in the software, or a problem with my toshiba dvd player?

2. yaboy88

yaboy88 Member

I downloaded the software demo, but I don't
    have the whole software. Do you think that
    you can email me the whole program, so I
    can burn the whole movies?

I haven't gotten that far with the dvd burning.
    I'm still trying to compress the movies

Last edited: May 5, 2003
  3. lancedvd

lancedvd Member

Well, I took the original dvd and put it my Toshiba player and noticed it did the same thing (i.e. played it in 4:3). I don't know why, but when I went back and tried to switch the burned dvd to letterbox format, this time it worked. So, with this success, I bought the full version and burnt my first dvd backup (7.8GB) dvd onto a single 4.7 GB disc without a problem. It plays perfectly on my toshiba player. I am satisfied. However, my use will remain "legal" as I make up backup copies for my kids to use in their computer or in a portable dvd player on trips.

4. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: May 6, 2003