1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble with GC Sim and my nic... HELP!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by azurezeal, Jan 15, 2005.

1. azurezeal

azurezeal Member

I first encountered this problem with my onboard nforce lan. I ran GC Sim and couldnt select ANY of the 4 options (100mbps full, half, ect...). So I went out and bought a brand new Linksys nic, and im having the same problems! I got the latest drivers for the Linkysys from the net, and its set to 'auto sense' in my device manager.

Any idea why GC Sim isnt working?

2. Talon-X

Talon-X Member

I just posted about this for someone else too, but I have an NFORCE onboard lan, and it works great. You MIGHT want to make sure you're using the 192.168.1.32 address for your gc. s3-gcsim.exe only seems to like that address. I'm using probably the oldest version of PSUL in the universe and that loader with my PC set up as 192.168.1.100, and the gc set to 192.168.1.32. Of course, you can always try disabling any internet connection you may have active if you're on a router (I am, I don't have to disable it though) If you are on a router, try disabling your firewall or setting your GC or your computer on the DMZ.

3. azurezeal

azurezeal Member

Thanks for the reply, im glad to hear onboard nforce will work (I can take back this dman linksys). So anyway, I tryed your suggestion and by switching back to 192.168.1 I was able to get gc sim to load in 10mbps full/half, but still not 100mbps.

Im not running threw a firewall, just two straighthrews and a hub.

Any other ideas as to why gc sim wont work in 100mbps mode? Btw I couldnt get 100mbps to work on either my linksys or onboard lan.

Thanks!

PS - My local area connection does say its 'Firewalled', im using windows xp, anyway to turn off 'Firewalled' for one of my local area networks?