1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble with Playback..plz help..

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by njdvdguy, Jan 31, 2005.

1. njdvdguy

njdvdguy Member

ok I have the philips dvd recorder ilink dvdr615. its all hooked up right but when i record a football game from a vhs tape....i use the m3 speed and when i play it back...it will play ok for a while then start to skip a little then it will pause ofr a sec then start skipping gradually getting worse. Now when oi record off live hdtv it records fine with no skipping. i am using verbatim dvd+r media. Keep in mind this is a standalone unit not a pc one. the ganes i tape off of vhs are in ep mode and are of semi good quality...Can someone help me? COuld it be my dvd player? I do not play it back ont he recorder, i play it back on my toshiba dvd changer which is from 2001.....could it be its too old for a format or something? plz help me.....thanx

2. njdvdguy

njdvdguy Member

by the way when i played the dvd in my pc dvd drive it did not skip.......plz help me

3. philbert1

philbert1 Member

I have the Liteon 5001 dvd recorder.I've read many topics about just the problem you are having.I had the same problem.From all the other forums I've visited I've came to this conclusion;most of the time when this problem arises it is the fault of bad media or disks.Most standalone recorders are sensative to the type & brand of the disks they will accept.Go to the manufacturers web site to find which brand of media they suggest.

4. njdvdguy

njdvdguy Member

I dont think its the media cause it played fine with no skipping on my pc.....Do u think its my dvd changer? Its a toshiba from like 2000-2001? im using verbatim media thats good media...

5. philbert1

philbert1 Member

My bad disks played on my PC.It's the way the system reads the disk that causes the problem.Most standalone recorders are different than pc recorders.After the bad disks were formatted a couple of times they seemed to be OK.It would be nice to have a simple solution to this problem but I haven't found one yet.I'm still looking for a brand of media that works as well as the manufacturer says.

6. njdvdguy

njdvdguy Member

phil i dont think u are understanding my problem...i use verbatim isnt that good media? its dvd+r....isnt that a universal, the most popular dvd media? anyways....remember the machine i have is not a pc machine it goes with my tv and vcr. and i want to know why it skips and freezes?certain times i watch a specific game it skips and other tiems it doesnt. NOW i record with the recorder and i playt them with my toshiba 2001 dvd changer. is it possible its dirty? or out of date? i decided to test my theory and i played the dvd that skipped on my recorder and it didnt skip at all. why? maybe my dvd player is out of date? plus should i use a lower record speed when im recording a tape to dvd?