1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble with SafeDisk 2.8

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by jakeyjake, Apr 27, 2004.

1. jakeyjake

jakeyjake Member

I have already read the thread about how to burn with Disk dump and fireburner. I have already made a back up of Battlefield 1942 disk one with safedisk 2.8. It works... but doesnt it has trouble playing smoothly very glicthy. I was wondering if anyone esle had the same problem. I'm running 2100+ Athlon Amd and a NVIDIA G-force 4 MX 440 I even try setting the game's video to the lowest and still has problems. Also I downloaded Disk Juggler which in this thread http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/23699 said its good for burning Safedisk 2.8 but didn't show how to use it if anyone has info on that please post as well thnx

-Jake

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

1. This would prolly be better answered in CDR
    2. Its prolly not the burning technique (although it could be a problem) but rather that you're using the GF4MX card -- a budget card which is not really designed for gaming but rather more for business/light-duty tasks.

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I'll second that. Running BF1942 on an MX 440 is getting into "wishing" territory.

The Radeon 9600XT and the nVidia FX 5700 Ultra are midrange cards that kick a lot of booty for around $150-$160.

4. jakeyjake

jakeyjake Member

Grandit that it isnt the best video card out there... the normal disk in which I have burnt from plays just fine with my video card. But the burnt one seems to have trouble. I'll check into the video card just in case but I really dont think it could be.

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

That's strange. I believe the play disc just verifies you have it and the game plays from the HD so I don't understand why the copy would cause graphics problems when the copy is good enough to start the game.

Have you tried playing from the image with Daemon Tools? Do the graphics go bad that way too?