1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Troubles burning Back up games HELP

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by keanne, Apr 14, 2005.

1. keanne

keanne Member

I am not new to this but for the life of me i cant figure out where I am going wrong.. When I go to burn the back ups using dvd dyctrpter everthing goes through but my xbox will not pick them up. I have Evoultion x intsalled on there and when I insert the disc it says NO GAME. I havent changed anything that I do apart from me reinstalling Dvd Dycyptor and maybe I have lost my setting that I had on there and for the life of me I cant find where I have them.. If anyone has a list of settings that would be great.. I currently use Craxtion 4 to rip the game directly to computer hard drive and then burn the iso to disc... Help someone please I am starting to go insane.. Thanks in adavance

2. BR7

BR7 Regular member

I believe all my options are defaults except the options for the registry, which wouldn't affect what your problem is.

Only options that would actually make a difference in burning the ISO would be the ISO Write Mode settings. Since the program was written specifically for ripping DVD movies, thats all I can think of that you can mess with that would affect the disc. Anyhow, my write settings are as follows..

Write Mode: Auto
    Lock Volume: Checked
    Cycle Tray: Checked
    Layer Break: Calculate Optimal

Only other thing I can think of would be the options you have before you click the burn button.

Burn Proof: Checked
    Write Speed: 2x
    Book Type: I leave it alone, it auto detects.

Mind you, I use version 3.5.1.0.. and if you really need all the option settings, lemme know, I suppose I can do some screenshots of every tab.

3. MariusMal

MariusMal Member

newb alert
    i have a question related to this, instead of creating a new thread i decided to hop in :p

i downloaded some iso's for xbox(yes it is modded) i usually use nero, any special settings for burning with nero ?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2005
  4. clarky

clarky Regular member

Q1. Did you download the iso? If so it may be misswing critical .xbe files making it "unknown" to the xbox.

Dvd decryptor settings are default to make a working copy of an xbox iso. As said before, simply choose iso write, choose the iso, choose the drive and speed, and away you go.

If you want to try something else (nero - startsmart) choose dvd, click through the burn icons until you see "burn image", then in the drop down box choose "all image files" choose the iso, your burn speed and drive and away you go.

Q2. If your making the iso yourself how are you going about it, and what program do you use? Many people new to the game have trouble using qwix. This is mainly because they highlight the folder they want to make the iso from - But DONT open the file with the + arrow. This will make the iso from the file itself and not from the contents - therefore making the disk unreadable.

You could always try extracting the iso and burning it as data - see how this goes. While your there make sure you have (at least) default.xbe as an available file.