1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

troubling burning a converted VCD

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by keian, Oct 6, 2004.

1. keian

keian Member

I had an avi and srt file that i converted to an mpeg then compressed it down to 411mb and when i try to burn it as vcd with nero it says that the file is 800mb+... anybody know the problem that can help me? thanks.

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Again, Nero... probably Nero starts to encode the movie to a VideoCD .MPG and it had a risolution bigger than 352x240, or the movie is longer than 80', and your original movie gets larger than 802 MB.
    Forget everything you know about Nero and use the "100% working method to make a VCD" ('sticky' thread), please.
    I find Nero an excellent program for burning .WAV/.MP3 files on audio CDs, for data CDs (also multisession ones), but useless when it deals with protected CDs or VCDs.
    This was simply my opinion, but when I read millions of posts dealing with Nero's problems I never had using my method, this became my philosophy, my belief.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Read forum rules!
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2004
  3. keian

keian Member

thank you very much