1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

true grit

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by falcon74, May 28, 2011.

1. falcon74

falcon74 Member

could not rip true grit shows no audio using sly sof 6.8.0.0

2. RottieGrl

RottieGrl Member

give dvdfab a try

3. TreePro

TreePro Regular member

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  4. Aldiii

Aldiii Member

beta 6.8.0.7 will decode True Grit. Did Blu-Ray today. Have to have a licenced copy of AnyDvd to get beta to work. If trial version beta will not work.

5. Grampaw

Grampaw Regular member

Latest DVDFAB (8.0.9.2) doesn't work either. Main movie is Titleset 18 (of the 99 Titlesets) on the standard DVD, however DVDFAB only gives you a backup with the first 6 of the 13 Chapters.

6. falcon74

falcon74 Member

well slyfox is truly sly (lol) 6.8.0.7. did the trick

thx guys

7. TreePro

TreePro Regular member

8. rgh

rgh Member

AnyDVD 6.8.0.8 is the solution to the problem, worked as it should with the download of the latest version .8 of Slysoft's AnyDVD. Spent quite a lot of time today before I read this Forum and downloaded the Beta .8 to get the job done. Best money I ever spent a few years ago when I purchased this program.

I also had a problem with Just Go With It and had to use the latest DVD Fab on it. That was before I downloaded the newest AnyDVD or I'm sure it would have done it also.

9. TreePro

TreePro Regular member

6.8.0.8 will do the movie JUST GO WITH IT

10. bigbill10

bigbill10 Member

Was able to copy this movie1 click copy and DVD43trial edition in the back round. My hunch is thatDvdFAD would have done it with DVD43.

11. rgh

rgh Member

I did copy as stated above but I do notice the movie is not as clear as it should be, it does have some noticeable "Fuzz" at times and in some parts cases I notice a slight shadow around a character. Now I'm playing this on a Panasonic Plasma and using a Panasonic BluRay DVD player so it should be very clear as all my other copies are. Anyone else notice this?

I ripped this with AnyDVD as the Ripper, Is this the way everyone had to do it? After that I used DVD Shrink and ImgBurn to finalize the disc. Normally I use DVD Shrink to rip my disc's then ImgBurn to finish.

12. TreePro

TreePro Regular member

The fuzz could be a bad disc. What brand do you use?
    I always use CloneDVD2 with AnyDVD as they work great together and easy to use. I have used most programs starting with the 321 Studio garbage. I loved DVD Shrink, but when it stopped updating for new movies I bought AnyDVD and CloneDVD. I have used DVDfab, but AnyDVD usually is a couple weeks ahead with updates.

13. rgh

rgh Member

Disc's I use are Sony, I used to use TDK but Costco only carries Sony now and usually they had the best buy and were the cheapest but today I see O**** Depot had the TDK discs for under $20. So I may go back to the TDK as Costco hasn't had a good bargain recently. Haven’t had any real problems with reliability with the Sony discs.

The fuzzy picture was I believe a result of the manufacture’s new coding and what AnyDVD did with it. It did take a longer than normal time to rip the disc as did the older version of DVDFab did so I knew as I watched Fabs progress meter I was going to have a problem. I always start with DVD Shrink after AnyDVD checks the disc and with AnyDVD I rarely have a problem and most time I just check for an update and that solves the issue.

Update, I downloaded the newest DVDFab 8Q version 8.0.9.7 and I redid the rip and then use Shrink and all worked well and it is now clear. Now I have never had this type of problem with AnyDVD ripping but this movie presented something new. As they say “All's well that end’s well.”

14. rgh

rgh Member

Disc's I use are Sony, I used to use TDK but Costco only carries Sony now and usually they had the best buy and were the cheapest but today I see O**** Depot had the TDK discs for under $20. So I may go back to the TDK as Costco hasn't had a good bargain recently. Haven’t had any real problems with reliability with the Sony discs.

The fuzzy picture was I believe a result of the manufacture’s new coding and what AnyDVD did with it. It did take a longer than normal time to rip the disc as did the older version of DVDFab did so I knew as I watched Fabs progress meter I was going to have a problem. I always start with DVD Shrink after AnyDVD checks the disc and with AnyDVD I rarely have a problem and most time I just check for an update and that solves the issue.

Update, I downloaded the newest DVDFab 8Q version 8.0.9.7 and I redid the rip and then use Shrink and all worked well and it is now clear. Now I have never had this type of problem with AnyDVD ripping but this movie presented something new. As they say “All's well that end’s well.”

15. TreePro

TreePro Regular member

The Sony disc are usually better quality over TDK. They both sub out the manufacturer now.
    I backed up the two movies you mentioned TRUE GRIT and JUST GO WITH IT with AnyDVD HD and CloneDVD 2 with no fuzz or other problems.
    The end results is all that matters.

16. TreePro

TreePro Regular member