1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trutech 7" digital photo frame problems

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by plunky, Jan 5, 2008.

1. plunky

plunky Guest

Hello all--I recently received a Trutech 7" Digital Picture Frame, and evidently I've joined a group of thousands of unhappy customers! I can't get pictures on the dumb thing. I've tried two things, first, an Attache flash drive. The frame didn't recognize it for whatever reasons, so I asked a friend, and he said something about software on the flash drive ticking the frame off. So, I got a male/male USB cord to hook the frame directly up to the computer, and now the computer won't even recognize it! How in the heck do I get my pictures on the revolutionary p.o.s., besides taping a new picture onto the screen every day? Thanks!

2. gkma01

gkma01 Member

Are you still having problems ?
    My avi files failed to be recognised by my DPR(Sharp) but changing the codec did the trick

Veblen

PS There is a thread on the Canon forum

3. plunky

plunky Guest

yeah, still can't get it to work...all my pics are in JPG format. i've found a lot of other forums on the net full of people that have either had huge problems with the frame, or haven't had any at all. but i'm willing to try anything lol how do you change the codec?

4. gkma01

gkma01 Member

These problems can be difficult to resolve . The fact that apparently so many users have failed to load jpgs makes me wonder if the frame has a limited number of codec formats which it can recognise .There are literally dozens and therefore trial and error is not really a realistic approach.
    My suggestion at this stage is to persuade someone on a forum who has succeeded to tell you what codec is being used with the jpgs and then match yours , although that is no guarantee that it will solve the problem . Even better ask someone to email a jpg to you .I would offer to do that but with a different photo frame (Sharp) there is not much point .Is it only jpgs which fail ?
    Also if your frame accepts cards (CF,SD or whatever) I would insert
    these into the frame and eliminate alll the usb connections etc

Good luck

5. gkma01

gkma01 Member

The files which gave me problems were avis where the comments on codecs apply . You might wish to try converting the jpg to another format

6. plunky

plunky Guest

Okey well I tried converting some of the pics to bmp's, gif's, png's, tif's, aaaaaaaand nothing. LoL and I thought I was pretty good with technology. That last statement is probably going to be completely obliterated by the next...don't codecs only have to do with video and audio files? I didn't know pictures had codecs too. I should have asked that in my last post, sorry :)~ I tried avi's, as well also too additionally...aren't they supposed to be video files too? the owners manual says only jpg's are supported. Well, I'm off to google "trutech digital photo frame codec problem" now, thanks again gkma! I'll see you on here soon i'm sure lol

7. gkma01

gkma01 Member

I realized my earlier message was unclear and the purpose of my last message was to try and make clear that the codec approach applied to avi's (which gave me trouble initially).

Can you tell me which forums are discussing the problems of your photo frame ?

8. plunky

plunky Guest

9. gkma01

gkma01 Member

I have had a look at the postings on your frame. Yes , VERY frustrating . There seems to be different models being used , and different types of connections (USB , camera card plugged straight into frame slot etc etc.)

You could go round and round on this with trial and error !!!

My suggestion is to identify someone who has exactly same set up as you and has been successsful. Then persuade him/her to e-mail you a jpg(without modification)which loaded successfully.

If that procedure failed then I think you are getting close to diagnosing a fault,either in the frame or your connections.

One thing I noticed with my frame is that it doesn't like large files.
    I would also keep things absolutely basic --- no editing of the jpgs,no adding date or text to the image etc.

Also be sure the cables are OK (swap with good ones if possible)
    Beyonfd that I'm stuck.

10. plunky

plunky Guest

A'ighty I posted on that other forum requesting a pic from someone. I think I'll give this another week or two and see what happens, then just exchange it for another frame or something else...my wife and I are expecting our first baby to come any second now, and I'm thinking I might not have much time to mess with this after this week :)

If someone else happens upon this forum, my email is samplank@hotmail.com, if you think you could send me a picture you successfully uploaded onto your frame, that would be spectacular! I don't think I've ever typed the word spectacular before, so that's just how spectacular it would be! hahahaaaa yeah i know i'm a dork

11. gkma01

gkma01 Member

12. plunky

plunky Guest

thanks g, i'm at work now but i'll do it tonite soon as i can

13. plunky

plunky Guest

still didn't work, going to best buy to get a new flash drive tonite. guess it won't hurt to have a new one...i can use my old one as a back up for something important. now if i just had something important to back up...heehee

thanks for all the help again tho

14. plunky

plunky Guest

got it fixed! broke down and bought a new memory card, and it works great. thanks for all your help!

15. gkma01

gkma01 Member

Great !!
    You can stop having to paste your images on the screen .