1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to build pc but running into some probs

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by erkrow22, Nov 14, 2009.

1. k7vc

k7vc Regular member

That's great news! You can also look at the bright side of this whole experience: you have gained more experience that ten other builders combined who always have everything go right the first time.

Ya did good. Finding a partially-defective motherboard is one of the toughies.

Dick

2. Xplorer4

Xplorer4 Active member

My case, Mozart TX from Thermaltake, doesnt follow that color code.

I dont know of any case, other then a laptop, that has a speaker built in.

3. k7vc

k7vc Regular member

Me neither. That's why my curiosity was piqued when I went over the photos and saw the speaker headers connected and the power LED headers empty. It obviously had noting to do with the ultimate problem, but going through stuff like this you start to get paranoid and look at every wire.

I sorta miss the good old days where every PC came with a built-in 3" paper-cone speaker so it could beep at you! :)

Dick

4. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

I have gotten tons of super-low-end cases with those speakers built in...usualy clipped right to the hard drive bay, and the speaker is usualy unshielded. If you do have a speaker...get rid of it!