1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to burn region 1 DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by clock, Mar 4, 2004.

1. clock

clock Member

HI EVERYONE,
    RECENTLY BOUGHT REGION 1 DVDS AND TRIED TO BURN A BACKUP WITH MY BURNER(MATSHITA DVD-RAM SW-9571).TRIED DECRYPTING WITH DVD DECRYPTER BROUGHT UP ERROR"MEDIA REGION CODE IS MISMATCHED TO LOGICAL UNIT REGION"
    HOW WILL I GO ABOUT BURNING THESE ????
    ANY HELP MUCH APPRECIATED
    THANKS

2. Damon1

Damon1 Regular member

you can't currently burn these region 1 dvd's because your dvd burner is locked on region 4. To have a look at this go to:

Device manager in control panel and look at the properties of your burner.
    Go to the region tab and have a look, you'll see it's locked to region 4 (Australian region) and you can make 4 more region changes before it locks on that region forever.

You don't want to touch this, but there some ways around this, one is to obtain a patched firmware for your drive to enable it region-free (but it's risky as these aren't manufactuer firmware)

The other and safer option is let a prog do it for you without changing the firmware. some of these include anyDVD, region-free, DVDidle pro and DVD43. most of these are available in the software section of afterdawn.

I'd suggest DVD43 as it's freeware, it'll also remove CSS to copy dvd's with progs such as DVDXcopy, nero recode, DVD2one, etc.

I can I just say, Welcome to the club to another fellow Aussie.

keep us posted on your results, happy burning!!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2004
  3. clock

clock Member

HI DAMON-1
    THANKS A HEAP FOR THE INPUT.DOWNLOADED ANY DVD,DVD BURNER WOULD STILL NOT READ BUT MY SAMSUNG CD BURNER WITH DVD DRIVE WILL READ THEM AND THE MOVIES WORKED GREAT.WILL HAVE TO DOWNLOAD DVD43 AS OTHER ONE IS TRIAL VERSION.
    AGAIN THANKS A HEAP.CLOCK

4. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

TURN CAPS LOCK OFF !!!