1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to burn slide show pictures with background music

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Wowwow, Jun 2, 2004.

1. Wowwow

Wowwow Guest

Do anyone knows how to create a slideshow of pictures with selected background music and burn them as VCD to view in a DVD player? Thanks in advance.

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

I did some last weekend. I used Nero Vision Express. I burn successfully on cd and dvd. Just be careful because not all dvd players will play cd's. DVD played on Magnavox DVD/VHS combo and my XBox. CD only played on dvd/vhs combo and not XBox.

3. Wowwow

Wowwow Guest

Thanks for your message...But I need instructions on how to take a song and make a slideshow of pictures I have and then burn it as a VCD to view in DVD player. What kind of software allows me to do that? Thanks again.

4. flip218

Nero 6 Ultra... Nero Vision Express is part of it. Make sure you get the full version because you will need the dvd plug-in. Some are selling Nero 6, but isn't the full version. And it's simple, just open Nero Vision Express, and choose make a new slide show. Here you just add photos and audio. Oh, and just checked to make a VCD you don't need the dvd plugin, but to make a super vcd or a dvd you'll need it. I went with making a dvd, since some players don't read cd's. Hope this helps.

5. Wowwow

Wowwow Guest

Cool...Let me play around Nero Express and see if it works tonight...Thanks again!

6. flip218

most welcome, let me know how it turns out. I think you'll be happy

7. Wowwow

Wowwow Guest

I only have Nero Express 6 and I don't see anything about making a slide show...Am I missing something? Is Nero Vision Express different than what I have? Thanks.

8. flip218

Do you have the full version of Nero 6 Ultra?

9. Wowwow

Wowwow Guest

I finally got it..Thanks. Do you know a way to add text into the slide show? This is really cool so far.

10. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I took a look at NVE2 and there does not appear to be a text option. Uead DVD movie factory does have this feature under photo options.
    I have not looked at Windows Movie Maker yet but if you have XP then you have this as well. I like WMM for the great transitions and effects, I like Ulead for the ease of getting the pictures in place.
    Slideshows are about the best thing you can do with your digital camera. I really enjoy making them. Its really cool when you can add a bit of home video and a clip or two from a DVD.

11. Wowwow

Wowwow Guest

Yes, I do have Window XP...I'll check that out...Thanks a million...

12. mencose

mencose Member

Can anyone help me out with Nero 6.3.0.3?

13. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

mencose,
    Upgrade it to the newest version.

http://www.nero.com/en/nero-up.php

And yes, we can help, but we gotta know what the problem is first!
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]motorcycle racer
    computer newbie
    Sony VAIO
    Suzuki GSXR1000
    [​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2004