1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to download Adobe Reader 8

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by juliemay, Feb 28, 2007.

1. juliemay

juliemay Guest

Hi there, if anyone could help me...I have been trying to download adobe reader 8 and in the middle of installation it keeps coming up with error message /software/classes/.pdf/persistent handler, ignore retry, or abort...if I leave it running it doesn't install properly...sorry about the jargon, not really a whizz on pc's so please be specific if anyone has the answer..as to what I need to do. Thank you

2. chubbyInc

chubbyInc Regular member

Sound's like a bad D/L I had no problems like that with mine, if you found that torrent on a popular site it could be bad.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum as not a virus/spyware problem.

4. maxtech07

maxtech07 Member

Hey

Uninstall the older version of Adobe Reader,then restart your computer,then go to the website at the bottom to download Adobe Reader 8.
    If you still have problems then scan your computer for virus,spyware,Trojans.

http://www.download.com/3000-2378-10000062.html

5. neil0337

neil0337 Regular member

did you download it from the adobe site or just some torrent?

6. juliemay

juliemay Guest

Hi yes I did try downloading it from adobe..but have tried several other sites also...I now have had to re-install my software, so I have it sorted now and have finally managed to install adobe reader 8..Many thanks

7. neil0337

neil0337 Regular member

kool...thats good the problem is resolved