1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to fix my xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by beaubrehm, Jan 14, 2005.

1. beaubrehm

beaubrehm Member

Ok guys, for the last few months my xbox has been on the edge of death. Today it froze while I was playing vice city. I haven't done any mods to my xbox, but i have built a computer and i am very familiar with the parts. When I opened my xbox, my intention was to change out the dvd-rom drive and just put in a cd-rom drive from an old computer. Needless to say, the reason I'm here is because it's not working....

I have come to the conclusion that it is probably one of these problems:

either not enough power from power supply or even more likely that I that there is an adapter from my original drive that has yellow wires that i do not have an adapter for on my pc drive.

so how do i mod my xbox to use a new cd-rom drive? that's all i want guys lol

2. beaubrehm

beaubrehm Member

BUMP, I need help quick.... I can't go long without my xbox lol. I know someone is out there. *cough* squiggles.

3. beaubrehm

beaubrehm Member

I'm not tryin to spam.... but I feel like I'm being ignored on what seems to be a very simple question.

4. t-traxxx

t-traxxx Regular member

Are you trying to install a cd-rom drive or a dvd-rom drive? The xbox will not recognize a cd-rom drive. Try a Samsung drive-they seem to work the best.

5. beaubrehm

beaubrehm Member

thanks. do they have a place for the yellow wires?

6. beaubrehm

beaubrehm Member

also, if I'm gonna go through the trouble of doing this, how can i make it to where i can save xbox games to my hd?

7. knick140

knick140 Member

The reason y no one is helping u is because u need to read the threads before posting a question. The answers r there. a reg drive wont read games because the xbox reads the other way.