1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trying to hook up dvd to speakers

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by HDS, Jan 7, 2005.

1. HDS

HDS Member

i got a prety old tv. its a GoldStar CMT-4562. i know its old and its old 13'. the two plugs in the pack are UHF 300 and VHF 750. I use an RF modulator DVVD647 to hook up my dvd player which is Philips dvp642 (thats the divx one but doesnt really matter for the question)
    i know that people hook up there amps to there tvs and stuff. but i have no clue how to do it. i have 4 pretty big speakers and 2 more that i could get from my turntable. so i could basically have suround sound.

please someone help me on how i could do this or what i should get.

2. Razz1234

Razz1234 Guest

HDS,

I'm sorry to say this but you are WAY too out of date to try and set up a surround system with this type of equipment.

If you want to listen to a "surround" system you are going to need to buy an "A/V reciever" and run everything through it. If you don't you will just end up with headaches, and never be happy with what you have.

Now first off, let me know what type of budget you have and we will work from there. I can not help you unless you are willing to spend a few hundred dollars.....really!

One good thing though is the fact that you already have 4 speakers. So let me know what it is that you really want.

3. HDS

HDS Member

ok well i would say i could spend about 300$ max. i probly need a new tv or something. but let me know what u can help me with.

4. Petenutz7

Petenutz7 Member

check out ebay for suround sound systems. Look into Pioneer, i have one myself and i LOVE it. Check out the Yamaha YHT-150, and the Sony 660DP.

Home theater in a box is the cheapest and best route to go when you want a receiver, speakers and shit

5. Razz1234

Razz1234 Guest

since you already have the speakers and need basically "everything else", you should look into just getting a new TV and reciever. Then buy things like sub, better cables, better speakers later when your budget alows